The General News Thread

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: The General News Thread

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:59 am

No problem.

I got my first "worried about you over there" email yesterday so I guess it's started making the rounds on international news. It was my stepdad and he was comparing it to experiences he had in Vietnam when something similar happened during the war, haha.

It probably sounds really dramatic, but if you're not hanging out in one of the protest areas you'd never notice anything was afoot. My wife was complaining at the news last night because it was about Park dragging her feet on moving haha
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Ukraine has banned Russia's singer Yuliya Samoylova from entering the country, will perform by satellite feed

Ukraine should be stripped of the contest and barred from entry for a certain period. This is acting against everything Eurovision is about, is trying to manipulate the result, blatantly political and will ruin what should be a special week for Yuliya Samoylova. Eurovision's response is pathetically weak
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 am

and Russia has had to pull out since none of the pathetically weak compromises offered by Eurovision authorities are going to help. Ukraine and hatred have one, the spirit of Eurovision has lost and the craven authorities are doing nothing about it bar little words

If we ever win Eurovision, just bar anyone with a strong entry to increase our chances of winning. The authorities will clearly let us fix the tournament in our favour judging by this
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Not Europe related, but here in the states I thought I'd share a good news article, sicne at times thigns seem so grim.

An Indiana woman had a $30k wedding called off, but rather than letting it all go to waste she threw a dinner party for the homeless instead. Link
PeanutButterToast
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Current Affairs