political correctness?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Unread postby Sun jian » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:37 pm

Bill wrote:Political correctness can be and I think is a major problem. Ok, if you are homosexual and you don't want people calling you a, "Homo" or "fag" that is fine, that can be hurtful. But when people get pissed off for using the term black for a person of African desent or a person who is mentally disabled retarded, is just stupid IMO.

true but calling a mentally disabled person retarded is hurtful too, to that person. political correctness is about what is normal to other people, not what other people call other people. that is left to interpretation, that's where each person has a different view of political correctness, and that's where there's conflict. if people believe that everyone is from different parts of the world w\ different views there would be no need for the 'normal'. 8-)
Sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:22 am

Russell wrote:Politically correct people are mad at me because they're Caucasian, and I'm white. :lol: Cracker please! :lol:

Seriously, Political Correctness has gone overboard.

That whole 'Server' thing was at McDonalds, too. He should have called her a 'Register Biscuit.'

Register Biscuit? Well that's a new one.

Nonetheless, I believe that if you know the person on a personal basis, thne things are different. For instance, one of my best friends is kind of chubby...politicallt correctness would demand that I not make note of this. I call him Tubby, what's your point? He knows me well enough and I know him well enough, we both know that it's only in a joking sense. So why is it that I am not allowed to joke with my friend in public? He calls me a nutcase (for good reason mind you) I don't feel the least bit offended.
Dickjutsu.com
The Bruce Lee of Dickery.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:24 am

Sun jian wrote:true but calling a mentally disabled person retarded is hurtful too, to that person. political correctness is about what is normal to other people, not what other people call other people. that is left to interpretation, that's where each person has a different view of political correctness, and that's where there's conflict. if people believe that everyone is from different parts of the world w\ different views there would be no need for the 'normal'. 8-)

That's because of PC. The original terminology was retarded. Mentally retarded is what it was called.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Previous

Return to Current Affairs