Old Europe?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: Old Europe?

Unread postby Han Xin » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:51 pm

Chen Kun wrote:all of the info you ave me was just a so called "strong indication" :? do they have the real proofs?did they find anything about that weapon?

:lol: This seem like another "Anti-US" thread of yours backfired, Kun... If you read what is cover under article 1441 (charter 7) of the UN resolutions (which might I added was voted 15-0 by the UN security council) then what I had listed there equated to a so-called "Material Breach". What do you mean by real proof? You think Saddam would leave nuclear/chemical/biological warheads around with a sign said "LOOK HERE FOR EVIDENT" for the inspector to find? Even if the US or the UK come out showed some evidents gathered by the CIA or MI-6 (which I believe that the US had said that they will present to the UN on Feb 5), anti-US sceptic like you would never believe it anyhow...

Chen Kun wrote:besides let say if iraq has that weapon,what make u think the us has right to attack iraq?

:lol: Now you going to use the same old tired arguement about "what rights does the US had to attack Iraq"? Ofcouse the US or any other country on earth have no right to invade another country. However, have you forgetten the events that lead up to it? It was the UN Security Council that pass down a resolution to Disarm Iraq and set up the Northern/Southern NO-FLY Zone over Iraq, which Iraq signed after the end of the Gulf War in 1991. Now, what do you think happend in the last 12 years, Kun?
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Chen Kun » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:58 pm

Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:all of the info you ave me was just a so called "strong indication" :? do they have the real proofs?did they find anything about that weapon?

:lol: This seem like another "Anti-US" thread of yours backfired, Kun... If you read what is cover under article 1441 (charter 7) of the UN resolutions (which might I added was voted 15-0 by the UN security council) then what I had listed there equated to a so-called "Material Breach". What do you mean by real proof? You think Saddam would leave nuclear/chemical/biological warheads around with a sign said "LOOK HERE FOR EVIDENT" for the inspector to find? Even if the US or the UK come out showed some evidents gathered by the CIA or MI-6 (which I believe that the US had said that they will present to the UN on Feb 5), anti-US sceptic like you would never believe it anyhow...

even sherlock holmes couldn't send someone into jail without proofs,there is rules in this world :roll:

Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:besides let say if iraq has that weapon,what make u think the us has right to attack iraq?

:lol: Now you going to use the same old tired arguement about "what rights does the US had to attack Iraq"? Ofcouse the US or any other country on earth have no right to invade another country. However, have you forgetten the events that lead up to it? It was the UN Security Council that pass down a resolution to Disarm Iraq and set up the Northern/Southern NO-FLY Zone over Iraq, which Iraq signed after the end of the Gulf War in 1991. Now, what do you think happend in the last 12 years, Kun?

even if iraq broke the law,then it should be the UN who can punish not the american cowboys
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Justin » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:10 pm

Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:what about the rest of Europe?and what about the rest of the world?do they also have interest in Iraq? :roll:

:lol: What other countries that spoke out against the Anglo-American alliance? Most other countries just said "wait for the inspector to report back", and guess what? From what Hans Blix report back to the UN, the US already had a case for war. It would not be surprising that the US and Britain will win some more allies for their cause in the next few weeks. And its looklike that the US and Britain already winning the "moral" war, even Russia is now pissed at Iraq, you may also want check the stand to Iraq's near east neighbours. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2698153.stm

May be the term "Old Europe" suited France and Germany perfectly afterall :lol:

I agree, Sadaam has been breaking every UN rule since the end of the Gulf War. What more proof do we need? We could have gone in their with no UN approval to begin with. GB just wanted even more support.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Chen Kun » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:56 pm

Wan Hung Lo wrote:
Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:what about the rest of Europe?and what about the rest of the world?do they also have interest in Iraq? :roll:

:lol: What other countries that spoke out against the Anglo-American alliance? Most other countries just said "wait for the inspector to report back", and guess what? From what Hans Blix report back to the UN, the US already had a case for war. It would not be surprising that the US and Britain will win some more allies for their cause in the next few weeks. And its looklike that the US and Britain already winning the "moral" war, even Russia is now pissed at Iraq, you may also want check the stand to Iraq's near east neighbours. :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2698153.stm

May be the term "Old Europe" suited France and Germany perfectly afterall :lol:

I agree, Sadaam has been breaking every UN rule since the end of the Gulf War. What more proof do we need? We could have gone in their with no UN approval to begin with. GB just wanted even more support.

oh ya why bother to ask permission from UN heh?US doesn't need them,right? :roll:
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby The Masked Moogle » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:56 am

You seem to be portraying the setup as if most of Europe was gradually leaning toward America.. But that's not true at all. Looking at that link will tell you that. Germany, France, and Russia are against war. Those are the 3 biggest countries in the UN (besides the U.S. and Britain).

Note also that in a recent poll 5% of Europeans support Bush.

Really... People aren't supporting us. So don't use that to justify a war.

What else do we have to justify a war? Sketchy "evidence" of POSSIBLE hidden weapons of mass destruction (without evidence of motive to use them), as well as ties to terrorist groups. Do you know how many countries in the world possess hidden weapons and have ties to terrorist groups??

So why Iraq?

Unless you can answer that question, don't say that we're going to Iraq for self defense. Because there are much larger and more numerous threats.

And what war is justified that's not a war of self defense?
The Masked Moogle
Narshe Templar

Unread postby Justin » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:51 am

GB doesn't think we need the UN anymore, it's pretty obvious. He thinks they are too slow and unwilling to take action in a effective manner and timeframe. And really what right does the UN have over any country? There are no laws in the US Constitution that state we HAVE to follow the UN. The UN is a group of countries who get togethor and decide what is supposedly best for the entire world. If we want to follow them fine, but we are under 0% obligation to do so. The UN has no legal right over anyone or any country. Would it be nice if we asked them? Sure but we don't have too, and George has asked them nicely on several occasions and if they say no he has every right in the world to do what he wants.

Now as to why Iraq I have no idea why bush has this fire under his ass. Remember he is the president and has access to info we as normal citizens can't even dream of. I only hope it doesn't come to war and if it does he gives us very good evidence as to why he did what he did.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han Xin » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:55 pm

Chen Kun wrote:oh ya why bother to ask permission from UN heh?US doesn't need them,right? :roll:

:lol: Have they did anything to Iraq yet without UN approval? :roll:

Here is another great article for you to read Kun, CLICK HERE :lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Chen Kun » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:21 pm

Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:oh ya why bother to ask permission from UN heh?US doesn't need them,right? :roll:

:lol: Have they did anything to Iraq yet without UN approval? :roll:

Here is another great article for you to read Kun, CLICK HERE :lol:

I got a so called "strong indication" that the us will attack iraq without un approval :twisted:
btw your site means nothing to me,so what if they got allies behind them,does it justify their action?and I don't believe that the citizens in that "allies" nations backed up their governments decision
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou

I'm still confused....

Unread postby Liang Erdao » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:17 pm

Exactly WHY did Rumsfeld call la France and Deutschland "old Europe?" :eh: :eh: :eh: I don't see how much "older' they are than Italy or Spain or Poland or England. i don't get it. (and while we're at it, throw in Holland and Belgium as well.. :lol: :lol: )
Our enemies are a bunch of sassy little brats, are'nt they....? Aren't they?! Hey! NO........ I should never have played as Liu Yong against Sun Ce! How can I be such a dumbass...?!
Liang Erdao
Academic

Location: Home of the infamous Xiahou Mao, greatest general ever......

Unread postby Han Xin » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:39 am

Chen Kun wrote:I got a so called "strong indication" that the us will attack iraq without un approval :twisted:
btw your site means nothing to me,so what if they got allies behind them,does it justify their action?and I don't believe that the citizens in that "allies" nations backed up their governments decision

:lol: Talk about a sensible debating... I thought your initial intention was that the US and Britain was out of touch, so I provide you with some evident to argue that France and Germany was not also a bunch of rotten hypocrits. Other European countries are sided with the US and Britain already showed which side is out of touch. You have not provide me with anything saying otherwise.

:lol: I like debating with people with 1 dimensional view of things... You never listenned or readed any contents from the BBC and you called it biased (or tools of the British government).
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs