Nuclear War on the Horizon?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Nuclear War on the Horizon?

Unread postby Lord Lu Bu » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:30 am

With North Korea and Iraq on the verge of making nuclear weapons and the constant conflict with them I've started to get a little worried that nuclear war is possible. I'm staring to think that the introdution to the atom bomb wasn't such a good idea. With all of the nations that have produced something similar to that the entire world could be destroyed if all of them were dropped in the same place. Also with having these weapons they've gotten into conflict with the U.N. with the weapon inspectors that have been basicaly kicked out of the country that they have been trying to inspect. If this keeps up some one is going to "pull the trigger" if you know what I'm saying.
An artist is critical of their own work. An asshole is a failed artist who's critical of everyone elses work.
Lord Lu Bu
Langzhong

Location: A place where the government doesn't want you to know about!

Unread postby Justin » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:43 am

I don't think a nuke war is going to happen any time soon. I do however think atomic energy is going to be the future of energy. Fossil fuels are a very limited resourse. Nuclear power, especially nuclear fusion has the potential to offer humanity virtually unlimited power. It's too bad we choose to use it for weapons instead of energy sources.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stuart » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:33 pm

Of course with george bush Jr at the helm of the wolrds most powerful nation neuclaer war is alot closer!!
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Andrew » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:07 am

Possibly, Bush sounds like the guy to lanch nukes
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:38 am

Alpha_Beta wrote:Of course with george bush Jr at the helm of the wolrds most powerful nation neuclaer war is alot closer!!

XiahouDun-22 wrote:Possibly, Bush sounds like the guy to lanch nukes

Hey guys, if you are going to say that Bush is the sort of person that would use nukes in a war when they weren’t necessary, you need to back it up with the reasons for your observation. Otherwise, please don’t do it.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ryubbi » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:35 am

James wrote:Hey guys, if you are going to say that Bush is the sort of person that would use nukes in a war when they weren’t necessary, you need to back it up with the reasons for your observation. Otherwise, please don’t do it.

Well, he's publicly said that he hasn't ruled out using nucular [sic] weapons against Iraq.

btw, you believe the leader of the free world is pronouncing "nuclear" as "nucular?" incredible.
men are drawn to a leader of great virtue / it was for that reason I followed Liu Bei
Ryubbi
Master

Unread postby James » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:10 am

Ryubbi wrote:btw, you believe the leader of the free world is pronouncing "nuclear" as "nucular?" incredible.

The leader of the free world has dyslexia; I won’t hold it against him.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Stuart » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:33 pm

Did he not say that pre-emptive neuclear strike may be nessecary. I remember this distinctly beacuse i discussed it with my history teacher
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Gaara of the Desert » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:02 pm

The Cold War.

I have heard of times where America has said things, the rest of the world laughed and they turned out to be right, i think it was Russian Nuke Silos in Cuba.

Nuclear weapons are awesome, but it would take a real loonie/idiot to use them. To be fair i dont have a problem with them developing nukes though.

1945 - Japan did not have Nukes. America nuked em. Twice. Other countries have as much right to nuclear deterrant as we do. They need protection from us as much as we need protection from them.

My view is to allow it. Hell, i would help their development if i could. Think about it, President Bush has already made public that he would use a Nuke under pre-emptive conditions. This translates to "We will use nukes without proof they have them".

As much a dangerous world we are in, Saddam and North Korea deserve the right to protect themselves, the same as we deserve the right to protection.

I'm fully aware that Saddam has done awful things... But we used depleted uranium rounds on him and his people. His people gave birth to deformed children if my memory serves me correctly.

We are just as bad, but our media don't publicise (sic) what we do like that.
Signature: This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Gaara of the Desert
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stuart » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:07 pm

i agree, if the americans have neuclear weapons the rest of the world should be allowed to have them too wether george bush likes the contries leader or not. if he has to attack saddam it would make him the worlds largest hypocrit, and i dont think neuclear weapons are thew only reason bush is attacking iraq but thats just me
Stuart
The Shining One

Next

Return to Current Affairs