Is any war 'Just'?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Unread postby Travis » Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:10 am

Wild-Eyes wrote:Yes, we have killed civilians intentionally without warning, or used them to get through to someone else -- Israel has as well, recently. Bombing what we THINK is a military hideout or a weapons factory has proved us wrong very often -- in incidents where many civilians have died because we didn't check our sources. (You'd think our superintelligence forces would prevent that...funny how what should be the case and what is the case, isn't). I don't deny we don't openly go out and bomb civilians, but we HAVE, especially in the case where we used our nuclear bombs on Japan (yes, places near or attached to military bases from what I understand, but still centered on and dropped in the civilian city...read Hiroshima.)

Bombing what we think is a base and it turns out to be a civilian village, is not intentional, note I said intentional.

And that is not true about Japan. America warned Hiroshima and the Entire Japanese Government we had a weapon of great power. Infact, American planes dropped slips of paper over Nagasaki and Hiroshima that told them of what we were going to do and to leave. We even tried to radio the cities to evacuate. We did all we could, and it wasn't with out warning.
"Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith, Be Men of Courage, Be Strong, Do everything in Love" - Master Lee's School Motto-

Formerly Schwarz Bruder/Taishi Ci
Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cheng YU » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:04 am

According to history, any war fought by US is righteous. To Japanese, the HOLY WAR towards the asian co-prosper sphere is just. Isn't it...hahaha! :twisted:
Cheng YU
Initiate

Unread postby Fan Kong » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:39 am

Taishi Ci wrote:Bombing what we think is a base and it turns out to be a civilian village, is not intentional, note I said intentional.

And that is not true about Japan. America warned Hiroshima and the Entire Japanese Government we had a weapon of great power. Infact, American planes dropped slips of paper over Nagasaki and Hiroshima that told them of what we were going to do and to leave. We even tried to radio the cities to evacuate. We did all we could, and it wasn't with out warning.

Go read up on the Vietnam War and you will understand why I as well as many others say that the U.S. is one if not largest terrorist organization in the world. And of course, Vietnam is just one example. Then again, I guess you can always say that the whole of Vietnam was a military target. :roll:
Fan Kong
Langzhong

Location: Chasing the citizens of Shu........ChangBan part deux!!! >:)

Unread postby Travis » Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:09 am

Fan Kong wrote:Go read up on the Vietnam War and you will understand why I as well as many others say that the U.S. is one if not largest terrorist organization in the world. And of course, Vietnam is just one example. Then again, I guess you can always say that the whole of Vietnam was a military target. :roll:

I know alot about Vietnam, hell my Dad was in the war, and he can tell you he didn't kill any babies or whatever other propagada was shoved out there by war protestors. :roll:
"Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith, Be Men of Courage, Be Strong, Do everything in Love" - Master Lee's School Motto-

Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kid- » Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:51 am

Terrible and most stunning Military Missions can be always covered up by stories. I do not have any examples, but i do think so.

The American Air Force- Navy joined and made a plan against Japan.

The atomic bombs, 2nd most deadiest weapon of mass. no not mass total destruction. Nuclear Bomb is first i think.

Atomic Bomb= Atom
Nuclear Bomb= Nucleus

Why use the atomic bomb against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Its a war crime. Hundred of thousands to millions of people died from its Radiation and Blast.

Attacking Pearl harbor was a too big a price to pay for Japan.

Pearl harbor- Thousands to Tens of thousands of people died compared to hundreds of thousands to Millions of people died
Kid-
I have the power give, but have no power to take.
Check what you are doing, before you do it
Kid-
Initiate

Unread postby James » Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:27 am

Kid- wrote:Why use the atomic bomb against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Its a war crime. Hundred of thousands to millions of people died from its Radiation and Blast.

“The Atomic Bomb: Was It Necessary?”
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=304
Please post your views of the US bombing Japan in this thread so we can debate them. There are many very important aspects of that event that you are not taking into consideration at all.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Fan Kong » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:17 am

Taishi Ci wrote:war, and he can tell you he didn't kill any babies or whatever other propagada was shoved out there by war protestors. :roll:

Did your father fight the whole war on his own? I've had American GI's married into my family as well, and they were not baby killers either. Than again, I've had families bombed out of their homes in the North because the U.S. felt like it. Propaganda my ASS!!
Fan Kong
Langzhong

Location: Chasing the citizens of Shu........ChangBan part deux!!! >:)

Unread postby Travis » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:48 pm

But do you that is was intentional? If was easy for the US to Mistake a Village for a Vietcong strong hold, Infact alot of them were over run by the Vietcong. It was a very difficult war to fight. The Vietcong could be any one anywhere, which made it difficult to be right all the time when bombing. The US soliders have even been known to accidentally bomb themselves. It not like they just go out and say "oh there's a bunch of civillians lets blow'em up."

Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kid- » Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:06 pm

Yes it is very hard to fight wars.

[James Wrote]“The Atomic Bomb: Was It Necessary?” [/quote]

It wasnt necessary.

Is Wars Necessary?
Kid-
I have the power give, but have no power to take.
Check what you are doing, before you do it
Kid-
Initiate

Unread postby Travis » Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:20 pm

Kid- wrote:Yes it is very hard to fight wars.

James wrote:“The Atomic Bomb: Was It Necessary?”

It wasnt necessary.

Yes the atomic bomb was very much needed. A land invasion of Japan would have killed an infinately greater amount of people than both atomic bombs kill counts put together. Japan wasn't going to surrender unless something drastic was done.

Kid wrote:Is Wars Necessary?

Wars are nessecary at times. Is it nessecary to defend yourself from invasion? Is it nessecary to defend others from invasion? Stop evading the real questions at hand by feeding me crap about how horrible wars are. Wars are horrible yes, but that doesn't take away the fact a war can be just?

Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs