Abortion

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Is it ok or not?

Yes
48%
No
37%
Other (please explain)
14%

Total votes : 147

Unread postby Kristina » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:54 pm

Estimated costs:

link 1

The estimated cost of delivery alone is $6,000 – $8,000 for a normal pregnancy and the cost increases if it is a high risk pregnancy.

Link 2

. . .very rough estimate of costs for prenatal care, delivery and hospitalization for you and the newborn is around $4000 for an uncomplicated pregnancy

That's all I could find in about 10 pages of a google search.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby LKS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Yes thats in America and Canada in the United Kingdom thanks to our great National Health Service one can get an abortion for free. Thats supposedly what we all pay our taxes for , to kill babies , god i feel sick now.
LKS
Sage

Unread postby Antiochus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:58 pm

It actually makes sense that they dont pay for that operation, since a large proportion of the woman who get abortions do so because they know that they dont have enough money to make ends meet should they add a new kid in the balance. So, to make them pay a fortune is kinda redundant...
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LKS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 pm

Yea ok thats a good point but i mean does it not make it seem more avaliable , more accessable and its a case of ahh its just an abortion wont cost anything lets just go for it.

I also think its unfair on the common person to have to pay for it , as wel all do via taxes.
LKS
Sage

Unread postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 pm

LKS wrote:Yes thats in America and Canada in the United Kingdom thanks to our great National Health Service one can get an abortion for free. Thats supposedly what we all pay our taxes for , to kill babies , god i feel sick now.

I still don't see how x number of cells are considered a baby. And you still haven't answered many questions that people have asked you. Like do you consider contraceptives baby killers too because it stops the sperm? Or do you think masturbating / nocturnal emissions are killing babies too because the sperm is gone to waste? And then your opinions on the morning pill. Basically that stops the fertilized egg from staying on the uterus or something to that effect, after the sperm and the egg has combined. To debate strongly, one can't just pick and choose the things that are answered, one must answer all the questions that can show holes in their argument.
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LKS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 pm

Sorry missed those , my bad , something that happens when trying to post in alot of threads , i apologise.

Contraception : The only ones i can think about of the top of my head are condoms and the morning pill , these i believe are wrong , the church has clearly pointed out that they deny the pro creative meaning of sex and therefore to use one is a sin.

Masturbation: Im not sure on the churches view on this but i personally do on occasion masturbate , if its a sin then i am only human and am a fallen creature and will seek redemption and try not to commit it again . Then agin im not sure because its not actually sex in the way of union of man and women and you are not killing the baby cause it has not actually fused with the egg yet therefore a baby has not formed.

I belief that contraceptions such as natural family plannig are a much better form of system , if you know when the women is ovulating and cannot afford a child dont have sex during those periods.
LKS
Sage

Unread postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:15 pm

If you think that a baby can't be had in the periods when the woman isn't ovulating, you are clearly mistaken. Even though the chance is lower, there is still a chance. Sperm can live about 3 days as well. You'll still end up eventually having a baby when you do something as foolish as that, which is the exact opposite of what you want. And when a condom is used, the sperm and the egg never connect, so you're not "killing the baby."

Please explain to me how a single cell is considered a baby. If a single cell can be considered a baby, why can't the gamete be considered a baby as well?
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LKS » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Jeremy seriously im am not going to get into science with you , i am not very good at it and im sure you would destroy any scientific arguement i could find. I go by what i believe and thats teh Catholic church and the cathecism it says what it says and thats what i go with , though i dont force anyone to beleive with me its whats written.
LKS
Sage

Unread postby Antiochus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:23 pm

As I mentionned earlier, using a factor as variable from person to person (such as religion) is a risky buisness when it comes to something such as abortion. I am a catholic, I went to church and yet I do not believe that a group of old man whos only experience of birth are their own are not the greatest source of valuable facts about the rights and wrongs of abortions.
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jeremy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Well science is written down as well. And I don't see anywhere in the Bible or Science that states that single-cell organism=baby. And a gamete is a sperm cell or an egg cell.

Doing only what you're told to do is a very close-minded lifestyle, especially when you believe that everything you're told is absolute fact.
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs