Abortion

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Is it ok or not?

Yes
48%
No
37%
Other (please explain)
14%

Total votes : 147

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:33 am

dirtybird wrote:So you are saying it is okay to kill an unborn child.

I am not saying it's OK to kill an unborn child. I think that's patently not OK.

I am saying it's unequivocally 100% OK for a woman to have a pregnancy within the first trimester terminated by a trained medical professional at a licensed and regulated facility.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby dirtybird » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:34 am

Indeed. I can now clearly see what you all are conveying.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LKS » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:12 am

Wow im shocked i am being victimised badly for a view that i hold , wow talk about cutting my freedom of speech , another thing that Americans hold so highly.

Now if i was in my own country i would not be allowed to view these opinions apart from at Speakers corner in Hyde Park, cause our freedoms are negetively defined but thats another story.

Im hurt i thought this was a place for free thought , a place for all people to express their opinions in a open area , without vicious attacks in return.

I personally have not mentioned anyone personally and have not attacked anyone with my words yet i get called a ass and other words that will get bleeped out if i say them , im shocked and hurt.
LKS
Sage

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:17 am

LKS, your freedom of speech hasn't been infringed upon. It's natural for things to get heated in a controversial discussion of this nature, and sometimes people lose their cool. However, you'll notice that the people who insulted you were given official warnings for their behaviour. This is our way of enforcing the forum's rules and trying to ensure that similar attacks don't happen in the future.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:20 am

LKS, nobody is victimising you or denying you your freedom of speech. We're not banning you from the forum because you hold a view that is different from some other people's. ;)

However, I'd just like to remind you that if you have a problem with how another member is responding to you, you should bring it up with a moderator (that's our job), rather than try to deal with it yourself. There have been some inappropriate posts in this thread, and their authors have been contacted by the moderation staff.

I'd also like to remind you that we have members of every stripe and size, and it's inevitable that we don't all agree on the same issues. When you participate in a controversial discussion (like this one), be prepared for dissenting views, and also be prepared to address those views in a respectful manner.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby dirtybird » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:49 am

Kong Wen wrote:
dirtybird wrote:So you are saying it is okay to kill an unborn child.

I am not saying it's OK to kill an unborn child. I think that's patently not OK.

I am saying it's unequivocally 100% OK for a woman to have a pregnancy within the first trimester terminated by a trained medical professional at a licensed and regulated facility.

my beiliefs still remain the same, it's just something about it that is wrong.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:30 pm

I believe it is situational, my friend was rapped and is now pregnant with that mans baby, why should she have to a constant reminder of a traumatic event in her life? If it was consensual sex then I would believe she should keep it, but this was not something she wanted.
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:03 pm

While I prefer that babies be given up for adoption rather than aborted, I feel that ultimately, it is the woman's choice. Late term and partial birth abortions should be outlawed altogether - there is no medical reason to have a partial birth abortion, because as the name implies, it involves birth.

I don't like abortion at all, but I do think that women who've been raped or have a medical excuse should be allowed to have abortions without hassle, while those who have other reasons should be urged to give their baby up for adoption instead, though they should still be able to have the abortion if they really are intent on it.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Jeremy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Does anyone have any estimates for about how much it costs for the 9 months of pregnancy and anything dealing with adoption compared to the cost to have an abortion? Include stuff like the extra food that the mother has to eat for the baby as well.
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:55 am

Jeremy wrote:Does anyone have any estimates for about how much it costs for the 9 months of pregnancy and anything dealing with adoption compared to the cost to have an abortion? Include stuff like the extra food that the mother has to eat for the baby as well.

In Canada, first and second trimaster abortion costs around $150 to $350 depending on the procedure involved. Medical abortion is around $30-60. T3 and additional medication are also provided through the clinic. There is almost no doctor that would do elective third trimaster abortion even though it's legal in Canada. Usually women are referred to doctors in the state.

So I suppose it's cheaper to get an abortion than having to buy new (larger size) clothing in Canada, thanks to medical cover. :lol:
"...pia fraus, the heritage of all those who have 'improved' mankind....ever doubted their right to tell lies. Nor did the doubt their posession of other rights..."
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs