Abortion

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Is it ok or not?

Yes
49%
No
37%
Other (please explain)
14%

Total votes : 148

Unread postby Antiochus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:51 pm

LKS wrote:"it is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven" the devil said that and i aint the devil so i think ill stick to serving , if the pope says something is law then im subserviant to it . He is of course in my belief the one who is leading me to heaven so ill sacrifice my free thought for that , but thanks anyways.

Whoa, overboard man!
Religion is a standart that varies for every human being on earth, so we cannot see this as a general factor about abortions.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dirtybird » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Jester wrote:
FuguNabe wrote:It should only be limited to victims of rape. The society doesn't need irresponsible people having sex and accidentally getting pregnant IMO. The teen and young adult generation are often careless or just completely irresponsible to get themselves knocked up unwantedly.

I feel bad for victims of rape I truely do,But one crime does not fix another.If someone were to get raped and would not want the child should just put it up for adoption,Killing a child which is INNOCENT is not the right way to go.

Yet again you have struck up another point. Deprivement of human life is wrong, no matter what happens.
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:10 am

dirtybird wrote:
Jester wrote:
FuguNabe wrote:It should only be limited to victims of rape. The society doesn't need irresponsible people having sex and accidentally getting pregnant IMO. The teen and young adult generation are often careless or just completely irresponsible to get themselves knocked up unwantedly.

I feel bad for victims of rape I truely do,But one crime does not fix another.If someone were to get raped and would not want the child should just put it up for adoption,Killing a child which is INNOCENT is not the right way to go.

Yet again you have struck up another point. Deprivement of human life is wrong, no matter what happens.

So, a woman who just got raped has to go through 9 months of pregnancy, endure all the hardships of the delivery (as if the rape itself was not enough) for a child that might be for her the very embodiment of the worst experience of her life?
The child is innocent, yes, but you ask a women (another innocent person) to go through something as hard as pregnancy without love.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:15 am

Exactally!

And since I have a feeling we're gunna come back to adoption next. . .

True, adoption is always possible. . .but there's no guarantee that the child would be any better off. There's teh mental issues with finding out that they were adopted, and the fact that no matter how furious and minute a screening process is, you can never really know what a person is thinking. A screening process for adoption can't see through to a person's heart to see if they have the childs best interests in mind.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby dirtybird » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:19 am

Antiochus wrote:
dirtybird wrote:
Jester wrote:

So, a woman who just got raped has to go through 9 months of pregnancy, endure all the hardships of the delivery (as if the rape itself was not enough) for a child that might be for her the very embodiment of the worst experience of her life?
The child is innocent, yes, but you ask a women (another innocent person) to go through something as hard as pregnancy without love.

What would you say if you were in that predicament, would you want someone to take your life?
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:22 am

A two-week old fetus is not a living human child. If I were in that predicament, I wouldn't "want" "feel" or "think" anything because I would be unable to do so.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby dirtybird » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:23 am

So you are saying it is okay to kill an unborn child.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:26 am

It's unborn, therefore technically it's not alive.

And I believe that Kong Wen isn't saying that it's okay to just go off and have as many abortions that you want, because youre too lazy to use protection. Kinda skim the rest of the thread to get an idea of what other's standpoints are.
Kristina

Unread postby Jason » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:29 am

I agree with Kong Wen. When I think about the worst case scenario, it's horrible to also think about the corner they will be backed into. Why? because people who have never experienced it, but have a strong feelings towards it, deem it so.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Antiochus » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:31 am

dirtybird wrote:So you are saying it is okay to kill an unborn child.

Kong Wen's point is that we are talking about an unborn person who is not yet aware. It does not mean its worthless, it means that between that unborn baby and a living born person, the priority goes to the second.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs