Abortion

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Is it ok or not?

Yes
48%
No
37%
Other (please explain)
14%

Total votes : 147

Abortion

Unread postby Jonathan » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:07 am

Well this is a touchy subject so them same rules about religion will be applying here.

1-No offensive language at all.
2-Do not insult anyones view only come up with clean debates and oppositions to them for your argument.
3-No offending people or insulting them for their view
4-The poll is only for you to vote for your opinion.
5-I will follow a no tolerance attitude when im moderating this topic, Anshi will also be watching very closely
6-Do not expect any warnings just expect the moderate to take immediate action for anything offensive.

People will have different views on this subject so do not attack anyone about it. This topic is for DEBATE.
Last edited by Jonathan on Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Also known as Zhuge Xuanshi
"The problem with the gene pool is, there's no lifeguard."
-Steven Wright
Jonathan
Censored
Censored

Unread postby Jonathan » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:09 am

I do not believe abortion is ok; I see it as playing god in some ways and if you want to avoid putting yourself in the situation, wear a condom and use other forms of protection. If it is a necessity to let go of the child place them for adoption.
-Steven Wright
Jonathan
Censored
Censored

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:22 am

I think it's revolting, taking away life without giving it a chance is just sick. If you don't want the responsibility then don't have unprotected sex, and if by change you get pregnant by rape, I still feel that you have an obligation towards your child. There are a lot of people who can't even have children in a natural way, or have lost their children because of miscarriage or something else. Abortion is not fair to those people. There are also many people who are willing to adopt kids right after birth.
There are always other options, abortion is just another easy way out of things.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Sun Ce » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:40 am

I had a nice long, explanation to follow my choice, but the connection decided to suck.......so.........I believe in pro-choice. I don't think killing babies is cool or anything, and in some situations I think abortion IS totally wrong, but yes....I don't want to type that rant again. :(
I think that song is the highest achievement of the living culture, don't you agree?
Sun Ce
Master

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:24 am

I'm pro-choice. These are my reasons:

*people should be able to do what they want with their own body
*if they are raped, and had the baby, then that gives you a lifetime connection to the rapist
*overpopulation is already a problem in many countries

Mainly my beliefs on abortion are founded on the principle of my first point, since that is my whole life philosophy.
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:26 am

Iznoach, Legendary Dragon wrote:I'm pro-choice. These are my reasons:

*people should be able to do what they want with their own body

When you're pregnant it's no longer just your body, its also the body of your child.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Sun Ce » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:29 am

I don't think the child really has much of a body. I think if the child is still un-developed and not even in a thinking state than no damage is being done. Except maybe the emotional scars the mother has to go through.
I think that song is the highest achievement of the living culture, don't you agree?
Sun Ce
Master

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:29 am

Zhou Gongjin wrote:When you're pregnant it's no longer just your body, its also the body of your child.

True, but the child has no conscious thought or cognitive happenings in it's brain for months, so it wouldn't really be that cruel. I think there should definitely be a time limit during the gestation that a person should have to abort before.
Last edited by Iznoach, Legendary Dragon on Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Sun Ce » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:34 am

I think there are some circumstanes though where abortion is wrong. Say, a teenage girl...has un-protected sex, and knows this, and knows the risk, but gives into desire, and in turn gets pregnant. Than yes, it is her responsibility to have that child, but if she does get an abortion than that is still her choice, and I would never rag on someone for making a choice they best saw fit for themselves.
Sun Ce
Master

Unread postby Jonathan » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:37 am

Sun Ce wrote:I think there are some circumstanes though where abortion is wrong. Say, a teenage girl...has un-protected sex, and knows this, and knows the risk, but gives into desire, and in turn gets pregnant. Than yes, it is her responsibility to have that child, but if she does get an abortion than that is still her choice, and I would never rag on someone for making a choice they best saw fit for themselves.

I entirely disagree, she should have been a lot smarter about her decision on unprotected sex. I cant force people into abortion but I could never forgive someone for making that decision, I see it as her making a mistake and than chosing murder over parenting(parenting as in deciding what is best for the child).
-Steven Wright
Jonathan
Censored
Censored

Next

Return to Current Affairs