2020 US Presidential Election Speculation

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: 2020 US Presidential Election Speculation

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 am

Is it normal for the incumbent to be so popular before their 2nd term to not be facing a strong challenge internally?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kongde » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Is it normal for the incumbent to be so popular before their 2nd term to not be facing a strong challenge internally?

I would say this is a trend that has only recently happened. If you notice, we've had a lot more 2 term presidents since the turn of the century. Though I could be proven wrong.
?-Kongde-?
Kongde
Apprentice

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Are Biden's chances dead or are the accusations only going to hamper him in certain circles?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Are Biden's chances dead or are the accusations only going to hamper him in certain circles?

The MeToo folk are generally in his party, so hypothetically it should be dead, but so far I haven’t seen much of a backlash against him.

Even if the women are somehow proven wrong, there’s still the children. Creepy videos have circulated for years of him getting way too handsy and sniffy with kids. If he does that in front of cameras, I don’t want to know how far he’ll go with cameras off.

I think the Dems will let him off until something particularly damning comes out. They can’t really afford to eat their own at the moment.
Jia Nanfeng
Master

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:37 am

I don't really get into politics much, but I do know, that I generally tend to lean toward the far left. I think it is damn shame, that we elected this clown over Hilary. If I recall correctly, I remember someone breaking it down for me, that she had actually won by popular vote, but that he won out based on the electoral vote...what a bunch of bs. And now watching him throwing temper tantrums, when he doesn't get his way. Him firing people, cause they have different views, and then talking like a big man blowhard toward Korea/Iran. What a joke!! He is beyond embarrassing, he is a disgrace!!!

If Sanders, Obama(Michelle), Biden, or one of the Kennedy's runs they will gladly get my vote. My preference is for Bernie, cause I think it is time for unification, and coming together, not divisive tweets aimed at dividing us farther apart. But I could easily understand it, if one of the others got the nomination. I will still vote democrat, it is time for a change(again).
ky9ersfan
Student

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 pm

If I recall correctly, I remember someone breaking it down for me, that she had actually won by popular vote, but that he won out based on the electoral vote...what a bunch of bs

As I understand it yes and not the first time that has happened?

That was the system all sides ran on though, they did (or should have) known the rules of how the votes get added up, that the electoral vote is what matters. If Democrats down the years and years and years object to such a system then they should have tried to change it, as far as I can tell the leaders and Clinton herself didn't. If you run by the rules that one willingly signed up to and lose, it isn't bs. Trump on this issue at least ran in a voting system that has an electoral collage and won

Your not the only country where popular vote isn't enough to win (mine as well) if other circumstances but that is the system. I'm not remotely qualified enough to say if such a system in US is a good or a bad idea though.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Current Affairs