Which British Political Party are you?!! (Quiz)

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: Which British Political Party are you?!! (Quiz)

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri May 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Jordan wrote:The foreign policy area looks like a huge mess and the quiz states that I align with most of the parties involved on it, somehow. I'm not exactly sure how that's supposed to work.

I feel that Britain's conservative party is a bit more to the left of the conservatives in the US. They seem like what would be moderates here.

All three main parties leadership (though their MP's and activists are more diverse) favours 0.7% of GDP in aid and liberal interventionism (I think that is the phrase?) and on most matters, the difference between the three parties is small matters and tweaks then on the bigger issues. The EU is the only fundamental disagreement.

Yes, the Tories are generally seen here as rather to the left of the Republicans and quite a few were alleged to be rooting for Obama to beat Romney.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sat May 31, 2014 3:19 am

Not British but I like quizzes and it's interesting to learn about issues affecting other nations. My results:

Parties you side with...

76%Labour
on domestic policy, foreign policy, environmental, and social issues.

71%Liberal Democrats
on foreign policy, environmental, social, education, and immigration issues.

65%Scottish Nationals
on social and immigration issues.

54%Green
on social issues.

52%Plaid Cymru
no major issues.

41%Conservatives
on environmental, healthcare, and social issues.

19%British Nationals
no major issues.

9%UK Independence
no major issues.
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 31, 2014 1:58 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:
Jordan wrote:I feel that Britain's conservative party is a bit more to the left of the conservatives in the US. They seem like what would be moderates here.

Yes, the Tories are generally seen here as rather to the left of the Republicans and quite a few were alleged to be rooting for Obama to beat Romney.

It's really hard to decide where are Conservatives would fit on your system as their view on the NHS for example is more left wing than the Obama-care scheme the Democrats have pushed through.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Current Affairs