Habemus Papam

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: Habemus Papam

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:13 am

SunXia wrote:Honestly don't see how the death of an 87 year old sick mother and grandmother will change anything about how the British subjects in the Falklands want to overwhelmingly remain British!! Nor how anyone's death is good for anyone...and that's from a Northern Irish Nationalist!!

Agree. I know there is tension between the two nations but I haven't heard outright hatred for Thatcher.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:48 am

SunXia wrote:Honestly don't see how the death of an 87 year old sick mother and grandmother will change anything about how the British subjects in the Falklands want to overwhelmingly remain British!! Nor how anyone's death is good for anyone...and that's from a Northern Irish Nationalist!!

I'm not all that sad about Margaret Thatcher's death but I'm surprised you took my comment at face value. If I was Argentinian I would probably be pretty satisfied right now, though.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 am

Jordan wrote:

I'm not all that sad about Margaret Thatcher's death but I'm surprised you took my comment at face value. If I was Argentinian I would probably be pretty satisfied right now, though.

I wouldn't. Thatchers death would mean nothing to me.

EDIT: In fact, if I was Argentinian I'd be less mad at Thatcher and more mad at my own government for using the Falkland Wars as a diversion.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Current Affairs