Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act "Obamacare"

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act "Obamacare"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:41 am

I have advocated universal healthcare but as to how to change the culture? That will take awhile, constant push by campaigners, taking advantage when those who back such ideas get into office to advance the cause, getting religious bodies and medical profession (if they are anything like England, that one may be impossible) behind it, gently pointing out how bad things are in US on healthcare and getting strong comparisons with elsewhere, finding ways of persuading people to change tax priorities or pay more taxes for healthcare.

One big problem is Eurozone is hitting deflation so health care campaigners will have to ensure people don't associate what happened with the kind of attitude that brings free healthcare
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby DragonAtma » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:42 pm

Good news -- the supreme court upheld Obamacare 6-3, saving tens of thousands of lives each year.

Not surprisingly, conservative sites are going ballistic.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:09 pm

That is brilliant news, the Right to Life shouldn't be determined by how rich you are, I always took hospitals for granted in that way but its not a charity we all pay for it!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby lcklasman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:52 am

DragonAtma wrote:Good news -- the supreme court upheld Obamacare 6-3, saving tens of thousands of lives each year.

Not surprisingly, conservative sites are going ballistic.

When are conservatives not at liberals throats when something doesn't go their way?
lcklasman
Initiate

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:47 am

Well, it's not like many really expected this to work; it was mostly a ploy on a technicality anyway.

While I disagree with the law in general, I think I probably agree with this decision by the court. Considering the law itself, their judgment was probably correct. Not like I read it all so I can be 100% certain, you know. :lol:
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Previous

Return to Current Affairs