future war?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: future war?

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:14 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
North Korea would be unable to hold any territorial gains. Artillery and such would inflict a ton of damage on Seoul and the south would suffer heavy civilian casualties but the counterattack wouldn't be pretty, either. The south has plenty of tech in their own force, which is augmented by U.S. support.

I didn't, and don't, disagree with this.

Don't get me wrong, the north does some radical things from time to time, but there's always an ulterior motive behind it that has little to do with actually inciting a war. I'm honestly surprised they got out of the Yeonpyeong Island shelling and sinking of the Cheonan unscathed. I reckon that has a lot to do with China's backing of the north but that has been starting to wane as of late.

Very true. N. Korea's intention is not war, as that would ultimately be their ruin. N. Korea, on the international scale, is little more than an angry youth saber-rattling so that the world powers will give them food and money.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby little_lu_bu22 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 am

North Korea may only be a very large threat in the imedient region. What I am more woried about is china and russia.
How do you prove that you exist? maybe we dont exist. Vivi FFIX
little_lu_bu22
Tyro

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 am

little_lu_bu22 wrote:North Korea may only be a very large threat in the imedient region. What I am more woried about is china and russia.

Russia? Well, if I'm not mistaken, their economy isn't quite what it used to be...

China has great defensive systems right now, lots of ballistic missile systems defending the coasts, but think of how much they lag. They have one aircraft carrier to the U.S.'s what, 12? Ratzalot can confirm or adjust that number to the facts. And let's compare the stealth bombers. Chinese stealth bombers need some work, and I'm being generous. Nuclear war? Well, we can shoot it out of the sky or prevent it before it happens.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:21 pm

epaminondas146871 wrote:
little_lu_bu22 wrote:North Korea may only be a very large threat in the imedient region. What I am more woried about is china and russia.

Russia? Well, if I'm not mistaken, their economy isn't quite what it used to be...

China has great defensive systems right now, lots of ballistic missile systems defending the coasts, but think of how much they lag. They have one aircraft carrier to the U.S.'s what, 12? Ratzalot can confirm or adjust that number to the facts. And let's compare the stealth bombers. Chinese stealth bombers need some work, and I'm being generous. Nuclear war? Well, we can shoot it out of the sky or prevent it before it happens.

I have no clue about Russia, though I suspect your statement is correct.

China and US have incentives to work together.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Russia will try to exert influence in Eastern Europe, partly to combat Nato/EU expansion. I don't forsee anything more then the odd incursion, like Georgia, where they have enough right on this side to defend themselves politically, can be done swiftly militarily and when they know the west won't intervene. Given it's finances and considerable troubles within it's own borders, unless someone does something incredibly dumb or Europe plunges into mass warfare, I don't think Russia are going to try anything.

China is looking to be a big player both in Asia and the world but I don't think it sees the route to that to be starting major wars or nuking people. Strong finances, careful diplomacy and possibly expanding into area's they consider theirs if they feel they can get away with it seem more likely as far as I can tell. At worst, I think proxy wars ala the cold war might happen but it doesn't seem to be in their interest to be in major wars.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Shen Ai » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:01 am

Given that China wants more influence in the South China sea islands, they have started to flex some muscle as of late, but they have always seemed to advise North Korea to be a little more moderate in their international and domestic policies.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Israel's trying to start a bunch of shit with Iran right now. They will probably start the next war and force the US to get involved. I don't think Iran is completely guiltless either, but it seems like every country in the Middle East is such trouble. :rangry:
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Jordan wrote:Israel's trying to start a bunch of shit with Iran right now. They will probably start the next war and force the US to get involved. I don't think Iran is completely guiltless either, but it seems like every country in the Middle East is such trouble. :rangry:

I suppose when another country's leader is saying stuff about how he wants to wipe out or would like to see wiped out, said country, it's not so much that they are starting the trouble.

Israel is basically doing what its friend and ally, the U.S., have been doing for years. Taking preemptive measures against an impending danger. I believe it's not that the U.S. will be forced into anything. I'm sure it can be looked at as a necessary measure for the U.S. to really attack Iran, for some.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:45 am

Given Iran's poverty, wouldn't they collapse economically before they even build these supposed nuclear weapons? Shouldn't the US and Israel just wait until this actually does happen before diving in?
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:59 am

Shen Ai wrote:Given Iran's poverty, wouldn't they collapse economically before they even build these supposed nuclear weapons?

No. Iran is not a third world country that will simply fade away because of sanctions or otherwise. I believe they have oil supply and a partnership with Russia as well. They have already admitted that sanctions are hurting them but, they will still continue with their research of nuclear technology.

Shen Ai wrote:Shouldn't the US and Israel just wait until this actually does happen before diving in?

It depends on your perspective of the matter. The U.S. want in and Israel feels threatened. Should they, is different than would they.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs