Should religion and morality be taught in schools?

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: Should religion and morality be taught in schools?

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 am

SunXia wrote:Each school is different I was taught by nuns and teachers alongside one another where my Principal was a Nun and I was still taught to see all sides of every coin!!

See, I would have relished that environment!

Maybe your Principle's influence was a factor in this? It occurs to me that, since my Principle was particularly 'hard-line' (and almost Bishop-esque 'infallible'), this was filtered down to his teaching staff perhaps...
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Re: Should religion and morality be taught in schools?

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
SunXia wrote:Each school is different I was taught by nuns and teachers alongside one another where my Principal was a Nun and I was still taught to see all sides of every coin!!

See, I would have relished that environment!

Maybe your Principle's influence was a factor in this? It occurs to me that, since my Principle was particularly 'hard-line' (and almost Bishop-esque 'infallible'), this was filtered down to his teaching staff perhaps...

I dunno, the adjacent school of boys was run by a Bishop and while we naturally prayed you could decide not to pray!! We learnt all about Mecca and Islam; the various forms of Protestantism and were always taught not to judge!! In sixth years (aka A and AS Level) we had what was called General Religious Education but it more explored spiritualism and sexualism and things!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Previous

Return to Current Affairs