The Political Compass

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: The Political Compass

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Kayzr wrote:Here is where I stand:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.95

Interesting there Kazyr --

Your score puts you in league with me (based on the other political compass test I found, not the original) as lefty-authoritarians.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:34 am

C'est moi

Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

This is mine I mean... :) Right-wing libertarian, fiscally conservative but liberal in thought.
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 am

Retook the test:

Appears I went from being mid-left to strong left, whilst retaining my social conservatism, putting me at (-8.50, 0.72).

I'd invite some of our new contributors to the Current Affairs thread to post their own results. Grayshot, Human5, LYJH - looking your way! Also, agga, anytime you can update the axes for the newcomers, that would be awesome.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Retook the test as well, and was a bit surpised at what I got:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

If anything, I would have thought mines to go into the Authoritarian sector rather than Libertarian...

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm

I was: -5.00 on the economic scale and -3.23 on the social scale.

Now: -5.00 on the economic scale and -2.41 on the social scale.

This worries me. I never like going more conservative, it feels like I'm proving old Churchill right. You know, "He who is not a liberal at twenty has no heart; he who is not a conservative at thirty has no brain".

That saying always pissed me off. It's like it's reminding me of how I'm turning into my dad.

But how damned right-wing do you have to be to get on the economic right on this survey? There's only four people I know of who ended up on that side of the margin. (Objectivist never actually took the test, so I've discounted him)
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby fritz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:18 am

I hate the way some of these questions are worded (or even asked at all) but oh well, the results are fairly accurate.
fritz
Academic

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:23 am

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:I was: -5.00 on the economic scale and -3.23 on the social scale.

Now: -5.00 on the economic scale and -2.41 on the social scale.

This worries me. I never like going more conservative, it feels like I'm proving old Churchill right. You know, "He who is not a liberal at twenty has no heart; he who is not a conservative at thirty has no brain".

That saying always pissed me off. It's like it's reminding me of how I'm turning into my dad.

Joooooin ussssss...... :mrgreen:

But yeah, I feel for you. I've been slowly turning into my dad for awhile now. 'Cept he's way more liberal than I am.

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:But how damned right-wing do you have to be to get on the economic right on this survey? There's only four people I know of who ended up on that side of the margin. (Objectivist never actually took the test, so I've discounted him)

fritz wrote:Image

Make that five. They all claim to hate it, but they make it work anyway. :P

By the way, I kind of object to the lack of song choices the Political Compass site lists for my quadrant, the lefty-authoritarians. Everybody else gets four or five songs from a wide variety of artists and musical styles, whereas we get only the Chinese and the North Korean national anthems. Couldn't we get something like this (with its militant tune declaring that the band members can't help but be leftist):

Or, on the less extreme end of my quadrant, this (which celebrates small-town American values while decrying its state of decay to economic forces beyond their control):

Matter of fact, I'll make those suggestions now...
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 am

Another forum did this test so might as well post my updated results

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.33

“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Ratzalot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am

A quick run-through netted the following:

Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

As expected, I am in the purple quadrant, but I would generally consider myself a bit more southeast on the graph. It's a decent test, but the way the questions are worded made me question the bias.
Currently Playing:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2 - English)
Ratzalot
Master

Unread postby dan99990 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

Pretty much what I expected. But some of the questions are awfully dumb- "When you're feeling troubled, you try to keep busy doing cheerful things." :?
“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
dan99990
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs