The Political Compass

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: The Political Compass

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 27, 2017 10:15 am

I thought in the build up the 2017 UK election and a few years after I previously took the test I'd see where I came out:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

My position has changed a lot I think it's fair to say! I expected to be more authoritarian than this says but not surprised to see that economically I've moved to the left.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Sun May 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.03

I took it a few times before and always got somewhere between (-6,-6) and (-7,-7), so I haven't changed much.

...and then they wonder why I'm officially a democrat, but at heart a green...
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:57 pm

At Sun Fin's insistence, I'm posting these, now that Political Compass Memes are apparently a thing. Not that I needed much nudging. Enjoy!

Koei / SGYY version:

Historical / SGZ / ZZTJ version:

(PS: I'll be posting these to the other relevant subforums. :P )
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:59 pm

YAY! :D :D :D

You realise you hadn't posted here since February? You were due a nudge ;).
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:57 am

I really like the history based ones, gave me a smile. Thanks WWD!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby DragonAtma » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:41 pm

...need I remind you that the political compass chart has specific quadrants (upper left communist, upper right conservative, lower left liberal, lower right libertarian)?

Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm

LOL. Nice, DragonAtma!

Also, glad you appreciated them, Dong Zhou and Sun Fin! I was being a little bit creative in my application, particularly with regard to the historical ones: Cao Cao did have a bit of a hard-ass streak (they all did; they were warlords, not late Ming literati), but he also flouted the conventions of the gentry, married a poor woman rather than a dynastic heiress, had a genuine interest in Daoism, and distributed a lot of land to poor peasants through the tuntian system.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:16 am

Huang Haos's speech was absolutely stirring :wink:
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Current Affairs