Voting and its role in American Government

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Re: voting

Unread postby James » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:49 am

Han Xin wrote::lol: Where have you been in the last 20 years? US$20 Million to run for an election? the amount of soft-money raised by the GOP and the Democrats in the last Presidental election was morethan US$500 Million, thats not counting the money that corporation paid during Pre-selection.

Yeah, it is turning in to a joke...
Amend that, it turned into a joke long ago.
Maybe Harimau was talking about how much it takes to just get started?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kid- » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:14 am

George W. Bush Is not a wise person. The Defense Minster and Vice President are in their own way. The war with Iraq from what I heard is The Defence Minister's own idea.

Now George W. Bush Doesn't have great intelligence.

Think about it.
Think outside the box.
Get From A To C without going through B.

The country is becoming worse and worse.

You can explain that more clearly Wild Eyes, you have many times.
Kid-
I have the power give, but have no power to take.
Check what you are doing, before you do it
Kid-
Initiate

Unread postby James » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:02 pm

Kid- wrote:Now George W. Bush Doesn't have great intelligence.

Actually, I think George Bush Jr. is quite intelligent.
From what I hear though, he has dyslexia, so his speech and reading just may not come off in that way at all times.

Kid- wrote:The country is becoming worse and worse.

In what ways?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kid- » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:27 pm

Sorry, I did not know that he has a disease.
From what i heard he cant read past a grade 4 level.

When i meant by US is becoming worse and worse is by.

OK if you look at the past 100 years technology and economy did not go down but went up, It soared. But as you see now it is growing weaker and weaker. In the time of Clinton's presidency, technology and economy also soared. I think democratic party are more of a non war and econmic growth and technology advancement.
Kid-
Kid-
Initiate

Unread postby SmartMuffin » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:09 pm

It seems that most non-republicans still haven't accepted one simple fact. That George Bush GOT ELECTED. He didn't take over in some coup, and he wasn't named as anybody's successor. The American people CHOSE him to be President. And those people who voted for him did so because they believed he would be a good one. Nobody is thinking "This guy is gonna screw up the economy, but I'll vote for him anyway." They thought he would help. Things haven't gone well. Is it his fault? Maybe... but comments such as "George Bush is not a wise person," seem a bit unfounded to me. How does an unwise person become president? There are plenty of politicians out there, and plenty of rich people too. George Bush Sr. even has more sons. How does this guy become the leader of the free world by accident? Quite simply, he doesn't. This guy obviously had a plan for himself, and executed it successfully, so I fail to see how he is unwise or even unintelligent.
SmartMuffin
Apprentice

Unread postby Kid- » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:29 pm

Smart Muffin.

Its said that George W. Bush Cheated the Election. Al gore was winning the election.

I am not going to go to further details
Kid-
Kid-
Initiate

Unread postby Travis » Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:34 am

Kid- wrote:Smart Muffin.

Its said that George W. Bush Cheated the Election. Al gore was winning the election.

I am not going to go to further details

People seem do not realize the Florida Recount was just Al Gore showing his arse off. Gore didn't win anything and he wasn't. If he was truely interested in the people, he would have asked for a recount in the entire state of Florida, not 3 Heavily Democratic counties. Just because Gore won the Popular Vote means didly squat, all that matters is the Electoral College. The fact is Bush didn't complain, and was elected even through Gore's Babyish cries for a recount shows Bush was the bigger man for the job.
"Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith, Be Men of Courage, Be Strong, Do everything in Love" - Master Lee's School Motto-

Formerly Schwarz Bruder/Taishi Ci
Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:43 am

Al Gore could have won the election easily, if he had played the recount smart, and had played himself just slightly more personable than he did.

I also don't think a lot of people knew what they were getting with Bush. I paid close attention to the election, and I voted for him, and I'm finding out now that in MANY ways, he is not what I wanted...and I'd rather (personally) have Gore in office, inept as I think he is as a leader, than someone who's a bit too good at leading.

However, that doesn't make Bush unwise. I think he's quite a bit wiser and more intelligent than even we think...it takes a very, very sharp mind to play the political game.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Kid- » Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:40 am

Well, guess who is the head of the voting. George W. Bush's friend. From what i heard she paid the voting committe 2 million dollars or bush paid the voting committe 2 million dollars. The law says if you have done something wrong you could vote if you wait a while. But a new rule was set that anyone that has done anything wrong could not vote. 60% of Florida's population was family of a criminal and they were said to not be able to vote.

Heres a website of why Bush is a bad president

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

http://www.politicalusa.com/columnists/antle/antle_016.htm

From http://www.globe-guardian.com/archives/answers/am0012.htm
Question: How many Florida voters does it take to elect a President?
AnswerMan: A light bulb screwing question. Florida apparently has enough voters to get the job done, but they seem to have trouble casting valid ballots. This is probably just a manifestation of a vast Republican conspiracy headed by George W. Bush's brother, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, to strategically place punch card balloting systems in heavily Democratic districts, knowing that thousands of economically deprived voters, weakened by hunger, would not have the strength to push a stylus completely through the ballot card
Kid-
Kid-
Initiate

Unread postby Travis » Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:58 am

Kid- wrote:Question: How many Florida voters does it take to elect a President?
AnswerMan: A light bulb screwing question. Florida apparently has enough voters to get the job done, but they seem to have trouble casting valid ballots. This is probably just a manifestation of a vast Republican conspiracy headed by George W. Bush's brother, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, to strategically place punch card balloting systems in heavily Democratic districts, knowing that thousands of economically deprived voters, weakened by hunger, would not have the strength to push a stylus completely through the ballot card

That's absurd and utterly rediculous, I not even going dignify that with an argument. Sounds like some kind of crazy conspiracy, like George Bush is an Alien or something.
"Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith, Be Men of Courage, Be Strong, Do everything in Love" - Master Lee's School Motto-

Formerly Schwarz Bruder/Taishi Ci
Travis
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs