President Bush VS President Clinton...

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Worse?

Clinton
32%
Bush
63%
None
5%

Total votes : 38

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:46 pm

I guess, we have the privilege of hindsight for both presidents. Both were in positions of power, and any choice must have taken considerable amount of consideration. I think it would be unfair to suggest, that either were stupid in what they did. We have to consider the reactions to the events and situations at the time. As I'm from UK, I have more knowledge on the foreign policies of both guys. So, to be fair, I choose none.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:49 pm

I have always preffered Bill Clinton, he seemed much more experienced in foreign and domestic policy. I don't care about what happened in his personal life, it showed he was a real person. That subject seemed very irrelevant but I suppose many Americans were offended thinking others might be influenced by the behaviour.

I suppose what happened with Bill Clinton triggered everyone to become senstitive about small issues like what happened with Janet Jackson at the superbowl (anyone offended by that should be shot by me). At least he did his job well, much better than George Bush.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar

Unread postby REMisCool » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:26 am

Ranbir wrote:I guess, we have the privilege of hindsight for both presidents. Both were in positions of power, and any choice must have taken considerable amount of consideration. I think it would be unfair to suggest, that either were stupid in what they did. We have to consider the reactions to the events and situations at the time. As I'm from UK, I have more knowledge on the foreign policies of both guys. So, to be fair, I choose none.

First off, I'm from the U.S. and I know a ton about the foreign policies of both of my country's presidents. Just because you're from another country doesn't mean you know more about it than we do.

Second, I will hand it to Clinton that he could work the foreign nations over, so much so to the fact that he would sacrifice the United States' interests to maintain a good persona with other countries. He was an extremely charismatic person. Bush on the other hand takes an approach that I'm in a lot of agreement with: He does what he thinks is best for the country he runs, not the other countries in the world.
REMisCool
Initiate

Unread postby Justin » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:08 pm

A few years ago I would have said Bush by far. Now I'm saying Clinton was the better president. He was by far more fiscally responsible then Bush. Bush seems to think burning money is a good idea. Bush while good at waging war is not good on the homefront for jobs and social programs. The slight economic boom we have now is a result from Clinton's decisions 6-7 years ago. Bush is just riding the wave. Clinton might have been a sex freak but I'll take that over a president who lies about WMD to take us into a pointless war.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:17 pm

REMisCool wrote:
Ranbir wrote:I guess, we have the privilege of hindsight for both presidents. Both were in positions of power, and any choice must have taken considerable amount of consideration. I think it would be unfair to suggest, that either were stupid in what they did. We have to consider the reactions to the events and situations at the time. As I'm from UK, I have more knowledge on the foreign policies of both guys. So, to be fair, I choose none.

First off, I'm from the U.S. and I know a ton about the foreign policies of both of my country's presidents. Just because you're from another country doesn't mean you know more about it than we do.

Second, I will hand it to Clinton that he could work the foreign nations over, so much so to the fact that he would sacrifice the United States' interests to maintain a good persona with other countries. He was an extremely charismatic person. Bush on the other hand takes an approach that I'm in a lot of agreement with: He does what he thinks is best for the country he runs, not the other countries in the world.

I think you misunderstood, I was saying I know more about the foreign policies, than I do domestic. And I was merely pointing out that its easy to question actions in the past then in the present.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:54 pm

I have never and will never like George Bush, whatever he does, he is just inexperienced and incompetent. President Clinton was far better than he was in everyway.

And these days, it is important to be experienced in foreign policy, which George Bush isn't. I saw his tacky campaign advert and laughed because it wasn't true, obviously. He said he is good at foreign relations when in fact, he has torn apart relations with many of America's former allies. He has made most of the global population hate America, apart from Israeli's of course.

I hope for the Americans sake, that they wake up and realise how bad George Bush is and that if he was voted back in, there would be a lot more trouble in the world. If the worlds population could vote, Kerry would win by far, and thats obvious.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar

Previous

Return to Current Affairs