President Bush VS President Clinton...

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Worse?

Clinton
32%
Bush
63%
None
5%

Total votes : 38

Unread postby Han Xin » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:36 am

Chen Kun wrote:Clinton is better than Bush.In Bush time,the economy is slow down and the world is mess up every where :x

:lol: This is funny, was it Clinton's own policies that give america its economic wealth or is Clinton lucky to get into office at the right time?

Just because economic crisis occurred immediately after Bush come to office, it does not mean that he solely was responsible.

The world is messy up when Bush took over? Bosnia, Somalia, Kosovo, Irag, Al Qaeda were all problem during Clintons administration which he never bother to solve.
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Dennis » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:25 pm

Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:Clinton is better than Bush.In Bush time,the economy is slow down and the world is mess up every where :x

:lol: This is funny, was it Clinton's own policies that give america its economic wealth or is Clinton lucky to get into office at the right time?

Just because economic crisis occurred immediately after Bush come to office, it does not mean that he solely was responsible.

I agree with Han Xin on this one, the economic destitution in America isn't Bush's fault, he just got it at the wrong time.

I still think I like Clinton better then Bush though, Clinton offered two-tier medical to the US, and gave poorer people a chance at survival, reformed the post-secondary tuition system, and cut the military budget in falf (which is arguable whether it is good or bad.) So I like Clinton quite a lot.

I don't despise Bush, but I mean when compared with original Pimp of American politics, how can he win?
Dennis
Mutha Canucka

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:27 pm

Even so, the economic problem in America did happen after he came into power. He is unintelligent and unfit to run the most powerful country in the world, I am not suprised so may people outside America make fun of him. I do not know why Americans voted for him instead of Al Gore, Al Gore is intelligent yet a little dull. I heard George Bush's brother changed the votes in a state, maybe thats why he won most votes. Why do most Americans like him? I am interested to hear, why someone much less intelligent to run a powerful country than Al Gore, would be voted as the best, is this a sign, what is the world coming to? Is it that he has a humorous appearence? Or that he has a slow way of speech? I know you all have very strong opinions on George Bush, that is just my very strong opinion on him, maybe I just do not know the fantastic thing about him, that makes so many Americans like him and seem him as the dream president. I am talking about him, himself, not about what mistakes he has made.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar

Unread postby Chen Kun » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:24 pm

without Sept 11 tragedy and Afganistan war,do u think America citizens will like Bush?
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Han Xin » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:19 am

Chen Kun wrote:without Sept 11 tragedy and Afganistan war,do u think America citizens will like Bush?

It does not matter if the American like Bush or not, he still got (legally) elected as President. So disliking him does not make his presidency illegimate. If you wanted to say that he don't have majority support of the US people, then which president did? None.
Han Xin's past-time - 沉湎於酒, 淫於聲色, 左手擁華姬,右手抱越女:lol:
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Chen Kun » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:10 am

Han Xin wrote:
Chen Kun wrote:without Sept 11 tragedy and Afganistan war,do u think America citizens will like Bush?

It does not matter if the American like Bush or not, he still got (legally) elected as President. So disliking him does not make his presidency illegimate. If you wanted to say that he don't have majority support of the US people, then which president did? None.

I didn't mean that he is illegitimate president,I just want to know what the people in US will think about him if there is no Sept eleven tragedy?do u think they will still like him though he fail to improve the economy
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:14 am

I think Clinton was also a moderator in the Middle East, he helped establish NAFTA, and had good relations with China......

This is from a Canadian's perspective :P I think the majority of us would prefer Clinton over Bush :P Most of us were hoping Gore would win also
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Jimayo » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:33 pm

Jiang Zhi wrote:I think Clinton was also a moderator in the Middle East, he helped establish NAFTA, and had good relations with China......

This is from a Canadian's perspective :P I think the majority of us would prefer Clinton over Bush :P Most of us were hoping Gore would win also

Yes we do prefer Clinton over Bush. And everyone I know wanted Gore to win. Just cause Bush made him look like a genius. Did you see any of their debates?

As for Clinton vs. Bush, I think that's a case of dumb(Clinton) and dumber(Bush). Clinton wins just cause he is less stupid.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby DianWei » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:10 pm

i think it would be nice to let bush finish his term... hes been in office for only half a term... besides hes the best president we had since Bush...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Fan Kong » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:17 pm

Han Xin wrote: It does not matter if the American like Bush or not, he still got (legally) elected as President. So disliking him does not make his presidency illegimate. If you wanted to say that he don't have majority support of the US people, then which president did? None.

A large debate can be started over Bush "legally" getting voted into office. Many shady things took place in Florida, its no coincidence his brother is the Governor there.

As far as Clinton vs Bush, do we need more money to the military? Isn't our military already the most powerful in the world by miles and miles? Did any other military surpass the United States while Clinton cut the military budget in half? Does Bush create more love or hate for America? Clinton corrupt? maybe so, is Bush corrupt? How can I say it....F@CK YEA!!!
Fan Kong
Langzhong

Location: Chasing the citizens of Shu........ChangBan part deux!!! >:)

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs