Sexually Transmitted diseases

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

What do you think started AIDS?

Homosexuals
9%
A monkey from Africa (some researchers believe this is a possibility)
32%
Patient Zero (first man found with AIDS)
No votes
Simple cause of nature and spread by the stupidity of Human kind
50%
Something else (please explain)
9%

Total votes : 34

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:24 am

Yeah I voted 'other' as well. The monkey theory is just a hypothesis and it hasn't been proven yet. I wonder if there is actually any proof that it actually started in Africa. I wonder if there is actually any proof that it started in ONE place or person. hum... I say AIDS is caused and started by the AIDS virus. Nothing to do with anything including sex.
Last edited by Xiao Gui on Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...pia fraus, the heritage of all those who have 'improved' mankind....ever doubted their right to tell lies. Nor did the doubt their posession of other rights..."
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

Unread postby James » Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:43 am

Chu Liu Xiang wrote:I believe AIDS is just a little message from nature saying that, "You humans are becoming too overpopulated, I'm going to kill some off."

If looking at it that way, I would say nature down right hates us, because it has been giving us little messages like that for thousands of years. :lol:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Chu Liu Xiang » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:20 pm

James wrote:If looking at it that way, I would say nature down right hates us, because it has been giving us little messages like that for thousands of years. :lol:

Well, we haven't been exactly good to nature.
"It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man."
I am that bigger man. :lol:
Chu Liu Xiang
Student

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:17 am

Man has the ability of being constructive and destructive to nature. Unfortunately greed and profit has put him on destruction mode first, before he thinks of conservation and other constuctive actions.
Coming back to the topic, I think the occurance and spreading of dreadful STDs is natural. It's like evolution -- picking traits and environments to increase their chances of survival -- for these viruses. With about six billion people already born, alive and inhabiting our planet, something's bound to attack and take advantage of the human reproductive system as a means of populating its own kind.
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Current Affairs