World War 3...

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

World War 3...

Unread postby HieiTheDarknessDragon » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:32 pm

2 great, or world wars have ravaged many lands in the distant past. And a 3rd one might very well take place. Or peace could reign, with the U.N. stopping all conflicts, but thats not as plausable. Some spark would happen somewhere... surly... So, do you think there will be a World War 3?

If so...
What do you guess would start it?
Who do you think would be in it?
Who would win?

If not...
Say why you think peace is so strong... (The U.N., yes... but...)
If i say it, I say it/ then i want it DONE. Cause im King of the Ages.

"Cutting down the enemies is the way of strategy, and there is not need for many refinments in it."
HieiTheDarknessDragon
Changshi

Location: Most likely in computer class, using the school comps to go on SoSZ, again.

Unread postby HieiTheDarknessDragon » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:38 pm

(Sorry for the double posting, but i couldnt finish before)

I would have to say, yes, one will happen. I think some terrorist group or something is going to go too far, and start it. (One assasination can start a war ex-ww1)

I think it would be more of a Free vrs. Dictated war.

Involving... maybe... the U.S., Spain, Canada, and ... the French? ... Germans? .... Rusians? against like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia... so on so forth, or maybe Germany, and their *freinds* the Japanese.

And then, another thought. Something in Korea could spark it. One wrong move by North Korea, and it could start a major war...

"Cutting down the enemies is the way of strategy, and there is not need for many refinments in it."
HieiTheDarknessDragon
Changshi

Location: Most likely in computer class, using the school comps to go on SoSZ, again.

Unread postby Book of Faith » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:40 pm

I'm not so sure this belongs on the History board. I think it is better suited for the Current Affairs or Philosophy board.
Book of Faith
Langzhong

Unread postby Tyler » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:06 pm

I am sure the third world war will happen sooner or later. Lets just hope it's not in our life times.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lu Wei » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:09 am

It is probably going to be a repeat of WWI, where the alliance systems of various nations ensured that the death of ONE man started off the death of tens of millions.

And I think the Einstein quote is appropiate here:

" I do not know with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
Lu Wei
Langzhong

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:58 am

HieiTheDarknessDragon wrote:Involving... maybe... the U.S., Spain, Canada, and ... the French? ... Germans? .... Rusians? against like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia... so on so forth, or maybe Germany, and their *freinds* the Japanese.

And then, another thought. Something in Korea could spark it. One wrong move by North Korea, and it could start a major war...

:roll: Seriously, a war is when two sides are fighting.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HieiTheDarknessDragon » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:22 pm

Seriously, a war is when two sides are fighting.
Funny dude, but i meant they were strong possibilities. And if you wanna jerk around, history deliberation isnt the place for you.

And also... yes... lets hope its not in our time. And i think Mr. Einstein is correct, Atomic disaster will follow. I mean it already almost happened between the Soviet Union and the U.S., anyone recall an event called the Cold War? Lol.

---Just for fun--- Do you think it will be fought with todays weapons soon?
Or with futuristic weapons in a long time off (Starcraft maybe... lol).

Anyway... what do you think futuristic weapons will be like... lets say in about 100 years... (this should be interesting....)

HieiTheDarknessDragon
Changshi

Unread postby Lu Wei » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:44 pm

There will be definately be a space element to the fighting. Probably dogfights between shuttles will break out over the Earth. Eventually space stations will duke it out. Finally, wars will be fought over planets.
Lu Wei
Langzhong

Unread postby lordomni » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:28 am

First of all, there will be another war. IT will be between nation blocs most likely. North America, the EU, Russia, and China are my guesses for the major players.

I honeslty don't know if it would go nuclear. We ahve these weapons, but I think it would be difficult for any nation to use them en masse.

As to future weaponry. The only nation that has seriously worked on space development is the US. Russia no longe rhas the money to do so. If Bush builds his star wars system, then you can bet that thing will be equipped to do more than shoot missiles down. The best defense is a good offense, after all.
It has always been the prerogative of half-wits and fools to point out the Emperor has no clothes, but the Emperor remains the Emperor, and the half-wit remains a half-wit.
-The Sandman
lordomni
Scholar

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:18 am

if there is gonna a ww3 its gonna flare up most likely in the middle east, god knows how many nukes iraesli and the arab nations have lined up against each other.
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to World History Deliberation