World War 3...

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Unread postby Koichi » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:11 pm

Actually if ww3 is going to start anytime soon I have a feeling it would be in India/Pakistan. What could happen is, Pervez Mushareff gets assassinated, fundamentalists get their hands on Pakistani nukes, uses them on India, India retaliates, voila, several million people dead...
Koichi
Scholar of Shen Zhou
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby blixxard » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:04 pm

To be honest it's doubtful a 3rd world war will ever happen. The only time I could of seen this happened was at the end of the 2nd world war and the period surrounding Stalin.
Since 1991 and the fall of the USSR, America continues to be a hyperpower. Iraq had the 4th largest army in the world at this time and we all know what happened to it.
Thinking more about it I believe there will be more global hot spots of military action - Afghanistan, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Pakistan and India.
From quick analysis I would say North Korea would be the next country under pressure. Lets just hope Bush can get his head around the idea that he cannot police the world.
- blixxard -
blixxard
Apprentice

Unread postby Lu Wei » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:45 pm

I really hate when people bring up Iraq as proof that America is all-mighty. The Iraqi military was so large because Saddam had conscripted 60% of the male population to fight Iran over an 8-year period. It ruined his economy. He was dependant on the equipment from the West and when that was stopped his armor and weaponry fell apart. His huge army could not be payed and was destroying what was left of the loan-dependant Iraqi economy.
Lu Wei
Langzhong

Unread postby SesshomaruTenseiga » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:10 am

HieiTheDarknessDragon wrote:
Seriously, a war is when two sides are fighting.
Funny dude, but i meant they were strong possibilities. And if you wanna jerk around, history deliberation isnt the place for you.

Hiei, Nads wasn't jerking around, he was making his point. And WWII was fought between 2 sides with multiple countries within them. WWXXVIIXXX (3 :D ) Will most likely be between more capitalistic countries (i.e. America, Britian and Western/Central European countries) vs. Middle Eastern countries. A nuke is gonna fly within the next 10 years, it is almost in-avoidable... :|
It's a now nothing.
SesshomaruTenseiga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: World War 3...

Unread postby Elven Fury » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:28 pm

HieiTheDarknessDragon wrote:2 great, or world wars have ravaged many lands in the distant past. And a 3rd one might very well take place. Or peace could reign, with the U.N. stopping all conflicts, but thats not as plausable. Some spark would happen somewhere... surly... So, do you think there will be a World War 3?

If so...
What do you guess would start it?
Who do you think would be in it?
Who would win?

If not...
Say why you think peace is so strong... (The U.N., yes... but...)

I think yes... and soon, peace is great, but just not plausable in the world we live in today... also war is not all bad, it boosts economies (the roaring 20's) ... but the killing is what gets to me... i am against it and refuse to do so... so.....

I think that India and Pakistan will start WWIII (so i agree with Koichi), one will attack the other with major casualties... china will be pulled in, then the US on pakistans side, then so on and so forth... and this is the problem...

Allies: India, China (im not sure tho where they stand right now ally wise), Palestine, arab world
Other Peoples: Pakistan, US, France, Britain, Japan (giving tech), European world, Israel
other other: there will be a 3 way war in Iraq (Sunnis, Shites, Kurds),
African countries like Egypt will fight but some countries will take advantage of some fighting and invade...

The US side would win their just too strong, though china has the largest standing land army it can be conquered... also nukes would be used... its innevitable...
WWIII will be a serious tradgedy and is sure to happen... and sadly soon...the way the world is going...i think...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elemental » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:04 pm

I think a WW3 is very possible. The one thing that might trigger a huge, devastating war is a nuclear attack, but several other events could also trigger a massive war.

Its hard to say who'll might be on who's side in the war if there was one.
Hiei, I must doubt Japan fighting against U.S and other major countries. Japan was annihilated by the atomic bombs, and it was taken and controlled by the U.S for a number of years. I must say Japan's army is fairly weak right now (do they have one?), as opposed to U.S, U.K, etc.

But I *think* if a WW broke out, the Middle East could be the center of it, or at least an area of importance. Iraq is still a problem, and Palestinians and Israelis are forever fighting seriously. I'm sorry to say that I do not put my confidence in the UN and U.S in trying to promote peace within the Middle East.

I'm pretty sure that the U.S and U.K will be allies. Based on my unprofessional theory, they will ally with either the Palestinians or Israelis. Either this, or it becomes a three way war: U.S & U.K fighting for peace; Palestinians fighting against Israelis *and* U.S & U.K, not accepting the promised peace; Israelis doing the same. I'm not sure where other countries stand, but U.S & U.K might have several other allies (some handful of European countries that helped in the Iraq War). I've already stated my opinion that Japan is too weak to fight. Elven Fury, I also think many African countries will not participate. They will not rashly invade, fighting against the major powers U.S & U.K, unless they ally against U.S along with another major power. Where shall some powerful, undetermined countries lie? There are major powers, such as Russia, Germany, China, and North Korea who, to my knowledge, are undecided. North Korea is a threat to U.S, and may fight against them? Russia and U.S have many conflicts, but Russia may not want to pick a fight with U.S, or will they? I've never known where Germany stood, or China. China might be fighting against Taiwan, and somehow could be drawn into the war.

Adding on, I think there could be many sides, not just 2. A three way war might break out in Iraq like Elven Fury stated- once U.S' reign of control slips. I've already talked about the Palistinian and Israeli war. U.S & U.K might enter Iraq (again), and try to negate the three way war (creating a four way war!). Then China and Taiwan are fighting, and nearby Korea might enter the east asia fight. Maybe these three possible wars will interlink to create a massive WW.

War is a confusing thing, and hard to predict. But here is my 50 cents.
The only people you have to get back are those who have done you good...
Elemental
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elven Fury » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:37 pm

I'm pretty sure that the U.S and U.K will be allies. Based on my unprofessional theory, they will ally with either the Palestinians or Israelis.

The US completly supports Israel, not the war, but the peoples...

And how could i forget N Korea! theyll be on the opposite side of the US... b/c of the nuclear problems were having with them...

I think that a three way war is plausable Elemental... but i think it will be more like a 2 side 3 theatre war (like WWII European, Pacific/Asian, and instead of African, Middle Eastern)... but thats just what i think...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:21 am

I think there will be a WWIII. It will probably center around the Middle East with some small country getting attacked by a larger power. Then it will spread as the US and Great Britain will most likely get involved trying to put a stop to it. Then someone will come out to support the opposing army, most likely an Asian country that we have been having problems with. Then it will continue to spread until, ultimately, one of the major contenders is wiped out by nukes, or their leaders change and one side pulls out.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu May 20, 2004 12:15 am

like i said
ummm i want to discuss about this because many people predict that world war 3 will come very soon, it was said that after 9/11 happened 555 days after it is world war 3, of course it didn't happen, people predict that World war 3 will start because China will attack Taiwan, I ask my parents about this and my parents said 80% China will attack Taiwan, after that North Korea will attack south korea and U.S will get more problems in the middle east, what you guys think?
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Elven Fury » Thu May 20, 2004 12:33 am

I think India and Pakistan or Israel and Palestine is a more viable option for an immediate cause right now...

but... what would an attack at the olympics precipitate?
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to World History Deliberation