World War 3...

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

I Agree With Lu Wei and Stedfel

Unread postby KongmingTheGifted » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:49 pm

Here is my opinion:

Some nation mite be rising in power economically, militarily, and form friends [as well as doubters and enemies]. The USA would see it as a threat. By looking at history, current events, and my brain, I think its fair 2 say this would be WW3:

SIDE 1 vs SIDE 2
1. USA 1. China
2. NATO HELP??? 2. North Korea Help???
3. Isreal 3. Vietnam
4. Mexico???? 4. Canada?
5. EU [shares some US ideology] 5. Serbia?
6. Greece?
7. Russia?
8. EU??? [Rivals the US]

SIDE 3

1. Iran
2. Terrorists/Iraq Insurgency
3. Yemen
4. Saudi Arabia
5. Palestine
6. Jordan
7. Syria
"One who is truly smart does not attack the body nor the mind....but the heart...the heart!" -spiderman movie

"Talent and Brilliance are of 2 essences" -made that up
KongmingTheGifted
Apprentice

Unread postby Han Liang » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:13 pm

The two superpowers who are playing the largest role in world affairs right now are the E. U. and the US. Tensions are rising between them, therefore, that is who I think will be fighting it. Of course, everything depends on your definition of World War. Mine is "a conflict that changes the world order." WWI brought down the empires, WWII created the world we know. WWIII will change the first-world/third-world system we have.
You may say I'm a dreamer,

But I'm not the only one...

-John Lennon, Imagine.
Han Liang
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baltim Enayeh » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:51 pm

In my opinion, wars to high scale (like a WW III) must only be made by countries who are very rich (Resources, technology, population, economy, weapons, allies) and with a strong culture and a powerful ideology (see the "democratic ideal" of the US, and the "authority and race" of the nazis) to draft the masses and the masses of the entire world towards it.

Wars in large scale in the modern world are not from religion, so I didn’t think that middle east would be a threat, it would be a war in the middle east but I doubt it could be a WW. Wars in the modern world are for economical power and the two nations in aim are China and the U.S.

China is strong, has a great population, has great scientists, a lot of money and controls the trade of the entire world, also have a powerful heritage and a strong ideology. In my opinion these are the events of the possible war:

1. Taiwan made a referendum to decide if they want to join China.
2. China manipulates the information, but Taiwan decides by a narrow election his own independence from China.
3. The U.S. announce that they will support the rising “democracy” of Taiwan from the seats of the U.N.
4. China use his veto in the security council and the U.S cannot condemn China.
5. revolts hosted by Chinese leaders in Taiwan creates unrest in the island, the army of Taiwan is unable to control the masses, there were fires in Taipei, massacres in the Island and bloodshed in all the country.
6. The U.N. try to dispatch a security force but China stops the decision again.
7. With the “excuse” of pacification China invades Taiwan, the strong policy of China stops the revolts, but the press is unable to see the truth behind the smoke courtain.
8. Due to international rejection to the invasion China accepts to retreat his troops but only after a new referendum.
9. In the new referendum Taiwan voted in favor of China, Taiwan is now a part of China again. The international powers avail the process but US is silent.
10. Years later a referendum in South korea is voted against unification, North Korean soldiers fire in the line that divide the countries and the war is again on march (they never signed a peace treaty but a truce)
11. U.S. declare himself Neutral, because his people don’t want a new war and the congress supports this position, the republican faction is weakened because the abuses in Guantanamo and the wars of Afghanistan and Irak.
12. China declares himself Neutral. But in the U.N. is the voice of North Korea.
13. Europe declares himself Neutral.
14. Japan declares himself Neutral, but give economical and tactical support to South Korea.
15. North Korea threat Japan “If they support our enemies, then they are our enemies” says Kim Il Sung II.
16. Japanese parliament approves a constitutional amendment, the prohibition to enter in War that general Mac Arthur includes in the constitution after the WW II is suppressed.
17. The JSDF (Japanese Self Defense Force, a little army that Japan possessed since the prohibition to raise an army after the WW II) signed a contract with Boeing and North American Titan Corp to acquire weaponry. “It’s only for the protection of our citizens” says the prime minister.
18. The NATO says that its ready to enter the war if there’s a nuclear launch.
19. After a series of victories North Korea attacks a merchant ship of Japan.
20. Japan declares War on Korea.
21. Japan Invades North Korea, China sends an ultimatum: “Japan must retire his forces to the parallel 38º”.
22. Japan march over Piong Yang.
23. China declares War on Japan.
24. The U.N. condemn China, China use again his veto.
25. The Euro parliament is the voice of the pacifists, and announces economical sanctions to both Japanese and Chinese.
26. In a bombard over Japan “accidentally” the Chinese MIG’s bombard an American base.
27. CNN says: “Pearl Harbor and this bombing are the same”
28. U.S. declares war on China

It's pretty fun to do this, but is only fictional and for inspire a laugh in the reader :-). Its obvious that the War will not happen of this way, but i Think that the war would be China against EEUU
"A veces es más importante la disciplina que la inteligencia"
Baltim Enayeh
Tyro

Re: World War 3...

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:56 am

What do you guess would start it?
Limited natural resources, unsustainable demand. While at the same time the rise of Israel, selling the newly discovered Golan Heights oil to the western nations. Sparking growing hostilities, forging secret middle eastern enemy alliances.

Who do you think would be in it?

U.S., Israel, & allies, vs Russia, Iran, Turkey, middle eastern nations.

Who would win?
No one. Nuclear wasteland.....in what used to be the Middle East. Iran defeating biblical phrophecy, by laying waste to the "promised land", and then in turn being desolated by Israel. Mutually assurred destruction.
ky9ersfan
Initiate

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:41 am

ky9ersfan wrote:
What do you guess would start it?
Limited natural resources, unsustainable demand. While at the same time the rise of Israel, selling the newly discovered Golan Heights oil to the western nations. Sparking growing hostilities, forging secret middle eastern enemy alliances.

Who do you think would be in it?

U.S., Israel, & allies, vs Russia, Iran, Turkey, middle eastern nations.

Who would win?
No one. Nuclear wasteland.....in what used to be the Middle East. Iran defeating biblical phrophecy, by laying waste to the "promised land", and then in turn being desolated by Israel. Mutually assurred destruction.

Hmm, a scholar with keen insight and clear foresight.

You saved me a convoluted post by accurately foretelling the scenario of WW3.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby musashika » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:37 pm

I am of the opinion that WW3 was declared on 9/11 in New York – the anniversary of the defeat of Islam at the Gates of Vienna.
September 11th, 1653.
WW3 might more accurately be termed Third World War – War with the Third World. From Morocco on the Atlantic coast to Western China, Islamic radicals are attacking every country bordering Islam and for exacly the same reasons – to introduce an Islamic state.

Islam and the Koran demand endless war against unbelievers (read Koran, surah 8.39. this is repeated many times) the total global domination of Islam and, for the last fourteen hundred years, has been attempting it. This latest rise in Islamism across the world is only the latest battles in that global war for total control. In every country their rhetoric is the exactly same, as are their demands – mass conversion to Islam and the installation of Sharia law.

If there is to be a Third World War it will be with The Third World – I think we are already in it. It will be religious in nature, but the results will be even more catastrophic for ordinary people than it has always been in war. The Koran demands great slaughter before prisoners are taken. If Islam wins the result will a supoer-communism, religious in character, and humanity will be dominated forever by the writings of a, now acknowledged to be sexually perverted and hate-filled, Dark Ages warlord with all its ignorance and superstitions.
Musashika.
musashika
Tyro

Previous

Return to World History Deliberation