The "VS" Thread

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Unread postby Cao Zhi » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:24 am

Napster would defeat Lee one on one. If each man had their staff and top generals leading their divisions, it might be a bit more balanced.

How about T.E. Lawrence vs. Mao Zedong? Both men were masters of guerilla warfare; the former in Arabia, the latter in China. Both were worshipped by their men and also published their strategies and tactics (hint hint- read them and compare! Notice the similarities!)
Cao Zhi
Princely Poet of Wei

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:34 am

How 'bout a battle between European knights and Japanese samurai? (if the question's not been asked before...)
i sometimes put a carton of milk in the dryer so that there's an equal distribution of the force shaking it. Tastes like lint though...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Lu Bu » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:51 pm

Samurai hands down. Yeah the kinght was tough but with all of that armor on they were solw as hell. The samurai was fast and didn't need to use a crappy sheild which took one arm away and left the other one the fight with. With two hands on the handle the samurai would be a quicker attacker than the knight and have more power in each swing of ther sword wearing the kinght down untill he couldn't fight anymore. 'Nuff said
An artist is critical of their own work. An asshole is a failed artist who's critical of everyone elses work.
Lord Lu Bu
Langzhong

Location: A place where the government doesn't want you to know about!

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:34 am

If I may do so, how 'bout we include the knight vs. samurai duel part into a discussion about an attack of a European knight army vs. Japanese samurais (including the weapons - artillery, traps, etc. - they had back then)...
i sometimes put a carton of milk in the dryer so that there's an equal distribution of the force shaking it. Tastes like lint though...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kül Tigin » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:17 pm

Let's say the Holy Roman Imperial Army of Friedrich Barbarossa vs. the Army of Shogun Minamoto 8-)
Admin of SHF
Kül Tigin
Khaghan of the Türüks

Unread postby ban wen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:20 am

Brother Khaghan do you mean the Roman Empire as in the one in Germany or is it the one lead by Julius Caesar? :?:
ban wen
Apprentice

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:24 am

ban wen wrote:Brother Khaghan do you mean the Roman Empire as in the one in Germany or is it the one lead by Julius Caesar? :?:

Holy Roman Empire - that which was a combined German and Italian land, later to fall into pieces due to the corruption and separatist ideas of both sides...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kül Tigin » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:09 am

ban wen wrote:Brother Khaghan do you mean the Roman Empire as in the one in Germany or is it the one lead by Julius Caesar? :?:

Yes, the one centered around Germany and also ruling Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy during the reign of Friedrich Barbarossa 8-) Besides, during the rule of Iulius Caesar, Rome was a Dictatorship-Republic, not yet an Empire :wink:
Admin of SHF
Kül Tigin
Khaghan of the Türüks

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:49 pm

Scipio Africanus and his legions vs Alexander the Great and his phalanx/companions :P

Remember, when the Romans invaded Macedonia, the rulers of Macedonia was at first Philip V and then later King Perseus.....all not military geniuses like Alexander ^_^
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Skyeye Amon Ra » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:05 pm

Alexander would win because he was a valiant general and not susceptible to blind hatred as Hannibal was. The phalanx spears would keep the Roman maniples at bay while Alexander's cavalry would sweep their swides to produce confusion and form breaks in the maniples. In the end, the maniples would be surrounded and destroyed.
A true test of destiny is Power. - Me

"Is it the sea you hear in me, its dissatisfactions? Or the voice of nothing, that was your madness?" - Sylvia Plath

"These fragments I have shored against my ruins." - T.S. Eliot
Skyeye Amon Ra
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to World History Deliberation