History News Thread

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:03 pm

jebusrocks wrote:Japan joins Iran and in refusing what had happened in the past. This is pretty old, but what the heck, nobody posted it yet

You mean this?
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 am

Kong Wen wrote:
jebusrocks wrote:Japan joins Iran and in refusing what had happened in the past. This is pretty old, but what the heck, nobody posted it yet

You mean this?

ya also, King Herod's Tomb was found earlier this week and they are checking out if its actually his tombe
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Jebusrocks wrote:ya also, King Herod's Tomb was found earlier this week and they are checking out if its actually his tombe

Which King Herod?
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Re: History News Thread

Unread postby Medievalists.net » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:30 pm

It seems this thread needs some news - I will update it with some medieval and ancient history news:

800-year-old Chinese ship now on display in a museum - A major underwater museum housing an 800-year-old merchant ship opened to the public in China this week. The 30 meter wooden vessel, named Nanhai No 1, or South China Sea No 1, lies in a "crystal palace" made of glass inside the Maritime Silk Road Museum. See the article at http://medievalnews.blogspot.com/2009/12/800-year-old-chinese-ship-now-on.html

Arab coin dating back to the year 805 found in Norway - Archaeologists in Norway say an ancient Islamic coin dating back to 805 AD was found just west of Oslo earlier this year. Houshang Khazaei, who is a researcher at the University of Oslo, said that the coin is an issue of Abbasid Caliph Harun al-Rashid, who ruled from 786 and 809 A.D. See the article at http://medievalnews.blogspot.com/2009/12/arab-coin-dating-back-to-year-805-found.html

Google’s Street View takes you to Pompeii - Google has added Pompeii to its Street View application, allowing internet users to take a 360-degree virtual tour of the ancient Roman city. See the article at http://historyoftheancientworld.com/2009/12/googles-street-view-takes-you-to-pompeii/
Medievalists.net
Tyro

Re: History News Thread

Unread postby Cherry Coke » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:13 am

that is awesome...especially about the ship!! thanks for adding that stuff :D
Live, Love, Laugh, Believe, Dream
Cherry Coke
Apprentice

Previous

Return to World History Deliberation