Create a Empire/Kingdom

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Create a Empire/Kingdom

Unread postby Liao Ce » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 am

If you could fill the positions within a kingdom with anybody throughout history, who would you pick? Not just 3k China, but all of world history. Of course this is with the idea that language and racism will not play a factor. :lol:

My picks:
Ruler - Charlemagne
Grand Commander of the Military - Lu Xun
Generals (2) - Shaka Zulu & Zhao Yun
Diplomat - Zhuge Liang
Ministers (2) - Confucius & Aristotle

Any thoughts or picks anybody?

Once before I started a new topic only to be shown that such a topic already existed. Hope I'm not doing that again. :oops: But I looked and didn't see anything that was like this. I saw a 3k one like this, but not for world history.
Liao Ce
Academic

Re: Create a Empire/Kingdom

Unread postby mrbeate » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 am

Ruler - Napoleon Bonaparte
Grand Commander of the Military - Genghis
Generals (2) - Alexander, Hannibal
Diplomat - Cardinal Richelieu
Ministers (2) - Zhuge Liang, Otto von Bismarck

Powerhouse right here.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liao Ce » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:09 am

mrbeate wrote:Ruler - Napoleon Bonaparte
Grand Commander of the Military - Genghis
Generals (2) - Alexander, Hannibal
Diplomat - Cardinal Richelieu
Ministers (2) - Zhuge Liang, Otto von Bismarck

Powerhouse right here.

I picked Charlemagne because he was a kind and generous ruler, yet he still understood war and it's purpose. He would make a ruler that I would be proud to serve.
I think you have to ask yourself, would you like to live and be happy under the people you pick? I'm not sure how much Napoleon actually cared about the people. I wouldn't want to be under him. But maybe I just bought into the historical vilification of him?
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:06 am

Liao Ce wrote:If you could fill the positions within a kingdom with anybody throughout history, who would you pick? Not just 3k China, but all of world history. Of course this is with the idea that language and racism will not play a factor. :lol:

Or historical reputation here:

Ruler: Augustus Caesar
Grand Commander: Bai Qi
Generals: Khalid ibn al-Walid (cavalry), Gaius Marius (infantry)
Diplomat: Henry Kissinger
Ministers: Jean-Baptiste Colbert, Hjalmar Schacht

Picked Augustus because he brought Rome out of chaos and formed a stable, relatively enlightened regime that would allow the Empire to reach the pinnacle of its power and remain influential 'til the present day.

I had Alexander the Great for Supreme Commander, but decided to change it to Bai Qi. Alexander was more talented, but his charisma and natural leadership wouldn't allow him to remain a subordinate for long. Bai, however, was loyal to the end.

Marius modernized the Legion and made it utterly unbeatable for five hundred years, and al-Walid is the reason Islam exists today-he helped Muhammad unite Arabia, broke the back of Persia and brought Byzantium to its knees. Easily the greatest general between Julius Caesar and Genghis Khan (Charlemagne wouldn't have a chance in an open-field battle), two generals whom I would consider...if I were not afraid they would be impossible for the ruler to control.

Kissinger was ruthless, but played a great part in ending the Cold War, establishing relations with China and thawing relations with the USSR. He was also a masterful negotiator-how else could the ugliest man in Washington get all those women?!

Colbert and Schacht were the men responsible for providing Louis XIV and Hitler the economy necessary to provide them with the great war machine that made France and Germany the most powerful nations in Europe-and both France and Germany started bankrupt under their watch. It's a shame that their talents were used to finance destruction, though-perhaps if they were put to a nobler purpose...
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby bodidley » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:29 am

Ruler: Frederick the Great
Grand Commander: Wang Jian
Generals: Han Xin, Prince Eugene of Savoy
Diplomat: Benjamin Franklin
Ministers: Pericles, James Madison
"We can't mortgage our childrens' future on a mountain of debt," - Barack Obama
bodidley
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:20 am

Ruler: Jesus Christ
Grand Commander: Erwin Rommel or Georgy Zhukov
Generals: Julius Caesar and Kublai Khan
Diplomat: Richard III
Ministers: Moses and Winston Churchill
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Ruler: David ben Jesse... I was going to go for Napolean before I remember his view on the church and then thought about Constantine the Great but finally settled on David. He is considered the greatest king of God's kingdom after all.

Grand Commander: Genghis Khan... others have spoken about ambition here. Whilst I think that Temujin was the greatest commander of all time I don't think he had the political nouse to coup David.

Generals: Hannibal and Subutai... two very good commanders who didn't show the ambition to overthrow their monarch.

Diplomat: Tony Blair... yeah I know, shot me or something. But seriously, this guy managed to get Ireland to sign the Good Friday Agreement and managed to almost single handily get together a coalition for Afgan and Kosovo. Might well have succeded with Iraq as well if he wasn't weighed down by Bush. I think in terms of foreign affairs and getting people to move to his point of view Blair was as good as anyone.

Ministers: Zhuge Liang and Gustav Stresemann... Pretty obvious first pick for sausage I'd imagine? Then Stressmann is the unsung hero of the Weimar Republic, single handidly holding Germany together until his death.
Last edited by Sun Fin on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Shen Ai wrote:Ruler: Jesus Christ
Grand Commander: Erwin Rommel or Georgy Zhukov
Generals: Julius Caesar and Kublai Khan
Diplomat: Richard III
Ministers: Moses and Winston Churchill

I like your ruler but mines is better! :lol:

Ruler: GOD (he did tell them that they didn't need a king because he was their king)

Prime Minister: Yahusha ben Yahceph (well he is GOD's son, correct? And he knows the laws backwards and forwards)

Grand Commander: Moshe ben Amram (he did perform this service as an Egyptian prince and who could argue with someone wielding that staff and power)

Generals: Shemshon (the guy could take 1,000 Philistine soldiers with jaw bone of an ass, talk about morale booster -- just don't let him around the enemy's women), Gidyon ben Yoash (he was able to lead an army of 300 men to crush two Midianite armies)

Diplomat: Shmuel ben Elkanah (extremely capable judge and was able to speak with authority on behalf of his true king - got the job done)

Ministers: Eliyahu haTishbi (who can dissuade a man who can rain down fire from the sky and operate within his purpose), Daniel (he managed the affairs of three separate kings of Ancient Babylon & Persia-Mede, plus as a bonus he could explain dreams and visions)

I'm really serious. Why not? I have the perfect Ruler & Prime Minister. A Grand Commander to keep my potentially weining but stout Generals in check. Law will be absolute! Guns, missiles, and bombs are nothing against flaming balls of judgment raining down on those who oppose.

EDIT: Changes below
Last edited by Zhuanyong on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Still think you need King David in some capacity.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Still think you need King David in some capacity.

Not really. Moshe and Yahusha fulfill the roles that he may have been needed for. I thought to put David in as a General but my Grand Commander already suffices for the lacking areas of those generals. I could have made his son Solomon, my Prime Minister... Hmm... You know what I just changed something.

Zhuanyong wrote:Ruler: GOD (he did tell them that they didn't need a king because he was their king)

Prime Minister: Yahusha ben Yahceph (well he is GOD's son, correct? And he knows the laws backwards and forwards)

Grand Commander: Moshe ben Amram (he did perform this service as an Egyptian prince and who could argue with someone wielding that staff and power)

Generals: Dawid ben Yishai (he did slay that nephil and killed his 10,000's, thanks Sun Fin :wink: :lol: ), Eliyahu haTishbi (who can dissuade a man who can rain down fire from the sky and operate within his purpose)

Diplomat: Shmuel ben Elkanah (extremely capable judge and was able to speak with authority on behalf of his true king - got the job done)

Ministers: Shlomo ben Dawid (the wisest man ever to live!), Daniel (he managed the affairs of three separate kings of Ancient Babylon & Persia-Mede, plus as a bonus he could explain dreams and visions)

HEHEHE.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to World History Deliberation