Qing Dynasty and Ming Dynasty

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Qing Dynasty and Ming Dynasty

Unread postby Hyper90 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm

in Hong Kong, it was popular about the revolts of Ming loyalist wanna rebel and planning to assassinate the Qing emperor.

Ming dynasty was ruled by the Hans
Qing = Manchuria

thoughts and opinions to share ? conflicts, racism, ethics and such
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Qing Dynasty and Ming Dynasty

Unread postby mrbeate » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 am

I thought Ming Loyalists were being a bit dramatic :P. Yes Chinese did not like to be ruled over by foreigners since at the time they thought that they were superior to the rest, and well who wouldn't like being told what to do by a bunch of northern foreigners.

But the Qing Dynasty did very well. The Expansions of religions, culture, China, and government systems. Qing employed powerful military systems and Imperial Ranking systems that were fairly just and effective. It was only the later years where the Qing resisted against advancing in technology and fell to its time.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 am

from the movies i've watched

the Hans and the Manchu's have some tight racism among each other. just like in the streets

"i dont do business with Han people.."

thats the thing, :roll:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 am

Hyper90 wrote:he Hans and the Manchu's have some tight racism among each other. just like in the streets

"i dont do business with Han people.."

Modern or Qing dynasty?

I think this is unlikely during the Qing. The Manchus tried to preserve their culture but failed to, and most if not all adapted to Chinese culture and traditions. Manchurian language was rarely used, and they mostly integrated with the Han Chinese. Racism between the two would be kind of weird considering that the Chinese are under Manchurian rule, and Manchus adapted to the ways of the Chinese. Also, the Chinese were the majority, descended Manchus would "do business" with Chinese since they occupied many jobs, only keeping themselves with other Manchus would not not profit as much.. matters what business your talking bout as well.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

i was referring Qing dynasty all along.

if its modern, things like this rarely happen since china is totally united under PRC.

i read some stuff that the Hans fell to some rebellion then the Manchu's take advantage to rule and take the mandate of heaven

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Hyper90 wrote:if its modern, things like this rarely happen since china is totally united under PRC.

Well for past hatred and grudges. There's still racism in America, wouldn't say common but don't be surprised if your a victim.

Hyper90 wrote:i read some stuff that the Hans fell to some rebellion then the Manchu's take advantage to rule and take the mandate of heaven

During the last few years of the Ming Dynasty, there was Li Zicheng a commander of rebel troops roaming the lands. The Ming did not have the power to stop him, much of their resources went to stopping Manchus from the north from entering China. Ming's Emperor, Chongzhen Emperor who inherited an Empire in decline, couldn't stop the rebellions that sprung up. Li Zicheng besieged and sacked Beijing, Chongzhen killed the imperial family and relatives before committing suicide, Zicheng then proclaimed the "Shun Dynasty". Wu Sangui the Ming general in charge of the Great Wall's Shanhai pass, and facing the Manchus, was going to surrender to Li Zicheng, but he had heard his concubine and father were hostages to Li Zicheng. Furious, he allied with the Manchus, and opened the Shanhai pass. Allowing Manchus into China, they defeated Li Zicheng and conquered the rest of China. Wu Sangui was made a King and left to control Yunnan while the Manchus ruled over the Chinese as the Qing Dynasty.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 pm

speaking of beijing, when did the capital changed from luoyang to beijing ?

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Hyper90 wrote:speaking of beijing, when did the capital changed from luoyang to beijing ?

Luoyang wasn't always the capital for any dynasty. Different Dynasties and empires/kingdoms had different capitals. It was last used by the Song dynasty. There was no direct transition from Luoyang to Beijing. The Liao dynasty first made Beijing it's secondary capital. The Jurchens who conquered Liao, made it their capital. Later Kublai's Yuan Dynasty made Beijing it's capital. Later the Ming and Qing used Beijing as its capital.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to World History Deliberation