History, The What Ifs, And Questions answered

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

History, The What Ifs, And Questions answered

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 am

I creating this one in reaction to Da Chao being a history nerd, its rare to me.
Two THIS PART OF THE FORUM HAS DIED for sometime, and we need some new postings to get it going again.
Please discuss all the what ifs you like from history, and any questions you have, we have two similar threads in the Symposium, but having it only on Three Kingdoms limits the discussion.......
Some starter questions.....
What if....Genghis Khan had Invaded and Conquered Europe?
Buddhism never came to China?
The Qin Dynasty had not unified China?
Hideyoshi Toyotomi had won in Korea?
Nobunaga had United Japan?
Alexander had died at Arbela(Guagamela(spelling))?
Stalin had been exiled instead of Trotsky?
Britain Lost the Battle of Britain?
And so on............
A few regulations, i want everyone to take care when asking on what ifs in WW2(the whole debating first one to mention Hitler thing), I want also everyone to limit the questions to before 2003, i do not want a what if The Iraq war never happened(or Afghanistan) because that kind of thing belongs in the Current events section. oh, and no attacking other forum members on their opinions, i do not want a squabble like the one between Shik and Laojim in the Current events, enlightenment thread happenning here! Moderators and Admins feel free to move this thread at will, because i got a strange feeling we have one of these in the history section already( i can't find it, but...).Edit, we do but its dead and very limited thread.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: History, The What Ifs, And Questions answered

Unread postby Qu Hui » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:40 am

We already have a thread for general history questions here.

As for what ifs, please use the search function to see if the topic has already been discussed.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to World History Deliberation