The Holocaust and Holocaust Denial

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Re: The Holocaust and Holocaust Denial

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Bah, I've seen better Castro interviews printed on the back of novelty cocktail napkins. The toadying interviewer doesn't even bring up the more well-known quirks of Castro's longtime Jew-fixation, such as Castro's belief that he himself is descended from the persecuted Marranos of 15th century Spain. A much more enlightening piece may be found here.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:49 pm

You are certainly correct, that was a better read :mrgreen: . Honestly, very informative and I do have some close friends who are Cuban Jews so now I see a portion of the reason as to why they ended up moving to Miami.

Highly recommendable indeed.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 pm

I looked at the title and saw "Holocaust Denial".

I can't believe that anybody would think it is not real. IT IS REAL.
Not only have I seen a video in school showing Belson camp, I even went on a field trip to the Dallas Holocaust museum. In the museum, we met a REAL survivor. He even had the tattoo they put on the Jews in Auschwitz. Whoever says that the holocaust never happened is insulting the existence of the Jews during World War II.

It is real, the is proof.

Some proof is the warped bodies i saw in the movie. They were all being thrown into a mass pit of thousands of skin and bones.

I seriously think I feel ill reading this comment. Jews go far above and beyond white/Germanic cultures?

Have you not heard the stereotype that Jews are clever and smart?
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:34 pm

I think that some people have an issue with the amount of apparent deaths that happened!! Some believe it happened but not to that a degree but then, how can any sort of genocide be alright in the long run?? It's all wrong!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Liu Pi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Human5 wrote:I looked at the title and saw "Holocaust Denial".

I can't believe that anybody would think it is not real. IT IS REAL.
Not only have I seen a video in school showing Belson camp, I even went on a field trip to the Dallas Holocaust museum. In the museum, we met a REAL survivor. He even had the tattoo they put on the Jews in Auschwitz. Whoever says that the holocaust never happened is insulting the existence of the Jews during World War II.

It is real, the is proof.

The Holocaust 'denial' appellation really only covers some members of the movement, some don't doubt the explicit intentions of the Final Solution but rather the numbers involved regarding the victims. Even amongst their own ranks there is an awful lot of squabbling.

Some proof is the warped bodies i saw in the movie. They were all being thrown into a mass pit of thousands of skin and bones.

When dealing with dyed in the wool denialists a staggering cacophony of rationalisations can be conjured up to explain such evidence away. From what I've read it usually takes a conspiratorial tone e.g. it was Soviet/Capitalist/Jewish/All of the above propaganda etc.

I seriously think I feel ill reading this comment. Jews go far above and beyond white/Germanic cultures?

Have you not heard the stereotype that Jews are clever and smart?

In the rather controversial field of IQ and race there is some evidence suggesting that of all ethnic/racial groups tested Ashkenazi Jews come comfortably first. Whether or not this stereotype is grounded in truth or not, the fact that a number of Jews have been of prominent historical importance in the past few centuries has only added fuel to this particular fire.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Liu Pi wrote:

When dealing with dyed in the wool denialists a staggering cacophony of rationalisations can be conjured up to explain such evidence away. From what I've read it usually takes a conspiratorial tone e.g. it was Soviet/Capitalist/Jewish/All of the above propaganda etc.

Sorry, I didn't mean that it was a movie. It was a real-footage long video of Belson Camp after it was liberated. It wasn't propaganda.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Pi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Human5 wrote:
Liu Pi wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean that it was a movie. It was a real-footage long video of Belson Camp after it was liberated. It wasn't propaganda.

Oh yes I understand. What I meant was that to many denialists/"revisionists" such documentary footage is staged propaganda to be used as an appeal to emotion. At least that is what is sometimes claimed.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Erdrick » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 am

Liu Pi wrote:
Human5 wrote:

Oh yes I understand. What I meant was that to many denialists/"revisionists" such documentary footage is staged propaganda to be used as an appeal to emotion. At least that is what is sometimes claimed.

Or, to put it in the terms of today, they won't let your fact get in the way of their truth.

I have family, (two great uncles) that liberated concentration camps. One of them wouldn't say a word, ever, about it. When I joined the service, my other uncle (Michael), opened up- it matched, unfortunately, what I've seen and heard.

And lately, I currently live about a block from the Museum of the Holocaust... it was one of the greatest atrocities in our species history, and deniers will never see it, because it doesn't fall into their world view. (Or, worse, because they were disappointed at the lack of completion...... oh, there are those people too)
Between Mysidian Moments and MizuSoft, I have little time for MeeSelf...
Erdrick
Sage

Unread postby Tao Qian » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:35 pm

I also agree that the problem of the Holocaust is numbers. It was too big and too organized to believe it.

Hitler itself thought about that and said that if someone discover it some day it was not important, as nobody will understand the numbers... And actually is true, nobody has done a movie about the Holocaust (not even a documentary), there are only parts of it in the films so we can understand and feel parcially the horror that it was.
Tao Qian
Assistant

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:46 am

Tao Qian wrote:And actually is true, nobody has done a movie about the Holocaust (not even a documentary), there are only parts of it in the films so we can understand and feel parcially the horror that it was.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but I can think of quite a few films that deal with the Holocaust. Hollywood's churned out so many, in fact, I fear horror of it all may be diluted by such an output. People roll their eyes at "another Holocaust movie" nowdays, when fifteen years ago they'd think such films were the saddest things ever made. In fact, I wish other genocides in history would get as much attention, so that people may remember that hatred this deep wasn't born and did not die with the Nazis.

As for documentaries, there is Shoah, a film that is as excellent as it is long. And it is long.
Last edited by TooMuchBaijiu on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to World History Deliberation