Sengoku Era Japan Thoughts

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Re: Sengoku Era Japan Thoughts

Unread postby Ma Cheng » Fri May 25, 2012 7:13 am

Hashiba was an honour given to him after Inabayama if I recall.
Ma Cheng
Apprentice

Unread postby rcsha » Fri May 25, 2012 8:15 am

Ma Cheng wrote:Hashiba was an honour given to him after Inabayama if I recall.

Well...after Inabayama, yes. He seems to start being known by that name around 1573...Inabayama was captured in 1567, though. So it was closer to when he was made Governor of a few districts in the former Asai capital of Omi, particularly the areas with Odani, the former Asai base. Closer to Nagashima than Inabayama, but I'm sure his explots at Inabayama were part of the reason for the honor of sparing characters for him to, literally, make a name for himself. :lol:
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Mestre Will » Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Well i has seen a manga called Sengoku , so i see something realy new about Hideyoshi :
He have 6 fingers in one hand , 2 thumbs :? .

After that i do a little search and appear he realy have it. In some Nobunaga papers , in Maeda Tochiee Bio and in a jesuit (Luis Frois) book say he have 6 fingers.

Other , Nobunaga give nicknames to most of his officers ? Like Maeda Toshiee "Dog" and Hideyoshi "Bald rat" and "Monkey".
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Fri May 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Mestre Will wrote:Well i has seen a manga called Sengoku , so i see something realy new about Hideyoshi :
He have 6 fingers in one hand , 2 thumbs :? .

After that i do a little search and appear he realy have it. In some Nobunaga papers , in Maeda Tochiee Bio and in a jesuit (Luis Frois) book say he have 6 fingers.

I've never heard that one before, especially two thumbs; I believe polydactalism is usually an extra 'pinky' finger.

Mestre Will wrote:Other , Nobunaga give nicknames to most of his officers ? Like Maeda Toshiee "Dog" and Hideyoshi "Bald rat" and "Monkey".

Yup, Nobunaga lacked tact, to say the least.
He called Hideyoshi Saru (Monkey) and described him as a bald rat.
He called Maeda Inu (Dog) and described him as a strange man.
He called Akechi Mitsuhide a terrible poet and an idiot a few times, rather publicly...but also described Akechi as one of his best generals and administrators.

Nobunaga was certainly an interesting man, to say the least.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Previous

Return to World History Deliberation