Kenshin Uesugi.......a woman?

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Kenshin Uesugi.......a woman?

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:39 am

There are some theorys out there that point to Kenshin actually being a woman......I for one do not believe this theory but it is interesting. what do you all think of it?

<Mod Edit(SX): Corrected spelling in title!!>
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Re: Kenshin Uesugi.......a women?

Unread postby mrbeate » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:56 am

Wait What? How can i miss this thread.. Anyways, there is a theory that Kenshin is a women? Dymlos, can you tell me how this theory came to be? What evidence supports this theory? From the biographies i read on Kenshin which are from multiple sources, i do not believe HE was a woman.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:08 am

Their is a book here http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4878934891

The title is called "Kenshin was a woman" or something to that effect.

Taken from the samurai archives forum some main points it express's are as such

1. Kenshin died of Menopausal disorder related desease.

2. He had stomachache every month.

3. Old folk song sounded like Masatora(Kenshin) was woman.

4. A Spanish described Kenshin as Kagekatsu's aunt on his letter to Phellipe II.

They tried to argue that the long monk robes were to conceal "her" identity as a woman.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby mrbeate » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:24 am

1. Kenshin died of Menopausal disorder related desease.

Well men can get heart attacks related to menopausal disorders.

2. He had stomachache every month.

I get stomachache every month to i get one every week or two, but im not sure if its relevant to him.

They tried to argue that the long monk robes were to conceal "her" identity as a woman.

Hmm.. You can still tell, if a man or woman is wearing long robes, Kenshin if often drawn with a monk scarf wrapped around his head, covering the mouth to. I'm sure Kenshin has taken off his scarf sometimes if he actually wore one right? Also, Kenshin is known to be called the 'God of War', if Kenshin was said to be man, wouldn't there be tales of Kenshin being called the "Godess of War"? If Kagetora was truly a woman, wouldn't have Shingen Takeda known? I don't know if they met face to face, but a legend tells us the Kagetora rode his steed towards Shingen, and slashed him, but Shingen blocked it with an iron fan.

Kagetora, was known to be a fine warrior ,it be difficult to fight in armor, and long monk robes all the time.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 am

Also the fact that he wasnt always a monk the book seems to erase his previous career. Also he was known for his heavy drinking so i mean Alcohol poisening is not in out of the relm of inpossibility.
Another point they bring up is it was said that he had fair skin.

Well Im not surprised by this, there have been play's made regarding the posibility that nobunaga was a woman. Keep in mind the author of this book was the same author who wrote the book "nobunaga was not killed by mitsuhide" it's as silly as saying Shingen peeked over a forrestress wall to listen to a flute and got sniped.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby mrbeate » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Well Im not surprised by this, there have been play's made regarding the posibility that nobunaga was a woman. Keep in mind the author of this book was the same author who wrote the book "nobunaga was not killed by mitsuhide" it's as silly as saying Shingen peeked over a forrestress wall to listen to a flute and got sniped.

:lol: haha

For some reason, i keep thinking about one key factor. Kenshin never had kids..... he only adopted two sons, i keep thinking that, if Kenshin still held some of his ways as a monk, he wouldn't have intercourse right?

Edit: About Kenshin having stomach aches every month, is it not possible he had stomach diseases? Maybe stomach cancer? So i got more info on Kagetora Nagao, and people that say he is a woman, say that Kenshin did not have intercourse with woman, and never produced children, but instead enjoyed the company of men and boys. Well, if you know Buddhist monk ways, KAgetora was once a monk and got his buddhist name Kenshin and vowed to never have sexual interactions with anyone. Thats why he never had kids, and instead coped with the need of sex, using alcohol. Also, people who theorized that Kenshin died of menaupausal disorders or related with it. Kenshin's death is rather unknown, rumours spread by Oda say he was assassinated, while the more logical answer is stomach cancer with many years of drinking and being an alcoholic.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:17 am

I actually love reading little theories like this, hehe!! Kind of shines a new light on how history can be written by victors and such but these days, liberalism means history can almost be viewed how we want to given the right evidence and such!!

And hey, mrbeate, I understand we all get the odd stomach ache but, unless he did have cancer, our normal stomach aches that occur every other days are nothing compared to the suffering that is noted by a lot of women during that time of the month!! Who notes that, oh he had indegestion on said night?? Don't think it'd have been recorded unless it was a substantial ache of some sort!! Not saying the man was a woman but hey, you never know!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Didn't he/she have a rivalry with Takeda?

Maybe Takeda didn't return Uesugi's affections? :lol:
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Mikhail wrote:Didn't he/she have a rivalry with Takeda?
Maybe Takeda didn't return Uesugi's affections? :lol:

:lol: Maybe they did have a relationship as Shingen was known for his greediness in women.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:43 am

I found a site that talking more about the theory, just scroll down to the end of the profile and it will give more evidence to support the claim. This is very interesting and its also shocking......though i would still hate to admit the fact that he could have been a girl.....
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Next

Return to World History Deliberation