The most efficient ninja

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

The most efficient ninja

the Seppi
No votes
the Fuma
No votes
the Iga
88%
the Koga
13%

Total votes : 8

The most efficient ninja

Unread postby Shritzu » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Well...we all know of the varoius ninja clans that roamed japan at one time...So I ask which is considered by the masses to be the most "deadly" or prehaps a better term is "efficient".The Seppi- famous for thier ruthlessness,The Fuma-famous for dexterous and agile martial arts,The Iga-for thier stealth and tricks,or the Koga for thier poisons and intricate balance of the three?.....
Bleh
Shritzu
Master

Re: The most efficient ninja

Unread postby hall_of_famer02 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Wrong thread? This is the ROTK thread after all.
As for your question, I would choose the Iba clan. I have always liked their tricks and the stealth which makes them highly efficient. Another one would probably be the Koga, poisons are effective and affects over time, while being ruthless(Seppi) doesn't really make them efficient. Though being agile(Fuma) is good, I guess most ninjas are highly skilled in speed so the difference is not much, though the speed which they complete work is fast.
No one can stop the flow of time. But a moment captured in the frame of the heart will never disappear. That will be shown at the bottom of their hearts, and will always give off a great feeling. Sweet...and bitter.
hall_of_famer02
Langzhong

Unread postby Shritzu » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:06 am

prehaps,tad bit confused at the time,As with the fuma it was not as much thier speed but thier focus on dexterous martial arts fooling thier opponent more than ounce,The Iba....efficient, just not as renowned for any specifis aspect of ninjutsu(IMO)...thank you for your reply(out of 26 views that are not mine)....(prehaps it is too hard for people to choose a prefered aspect of a famous class of combatant regardless of the fact that all are required for perfection)?....
Bleh
Shritzu
Master

Unread postby Zappa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Kataro Fuma was a good ninja but considering to Igas reputation as extreme feared squad at the Segoku Jidai I would say Iga.
Also because of Hanzo Hattori my fav. ninja :D
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Somehow I think the most efficient should be those we barely know about :lol:
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shritzu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Indeed,but in these days nobody can live in privacy,even the shinobi would have trouble today, they would be discovered eventually even if thier technique was perfect(impossible seeing as how it's a messy job-murder)The koga lasted the longest, But they did so only by adapting to "imitate" the style of the other shinobi such as the iga and the fuma, The seppi were among the 1st to go because they ignored diplomacy...however if the perfect shinobi were to arise.... :devil: ,But the Iga are the most commonly thought of-They were the most efficient in my opinon because they were the 1st to take "extreme" measures to avoid detection,thus they tend to be remembered as the "stealthiest"(if that is even a word)...So what you say is true to the extent of time...
Bleh
Shritzu
Master

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm just curious, being ignorant of the subject, what are we speaking of and where are we getting the information on these clans? I'm interested.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Well im going to speculate here. Considering that most of the known ninja clans had a somewhat similar structure than the warrior clans and their leaders had similar feudal relationships with their respective lieges and vassals. It means that historical reccords about the Tokugawa, for exemple, are likely to give us information on the Iga ninja or any other ninja clans they were affiliated with.
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Antiochus wrote:Well im going to speculate here. Considering that most of the known ninja clans had a somewhat similar structure than the warrior clans and their leaders had similar feudal relationships with their respective lieges and vassals. It means that historical reccords about the Tokugawa, for exemple, are likely to give us information on the Iga ninja or any other ninja clans they were affiliated with.

Fair enough, I didn't know if there was some direct source material you guys were pulling from akin to the ROTK books or if this was just from random information and articles from the web.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:44 am

I'm not that familiar with Ninja but I do Know a little about the Iga and Fuma namely due to their famous during the Sengoku era...

Say... Anyone know about Jiraiya? Not the Jiraiya in the naruto series...I've heard he is also a great ninja but was expelled from the Iga clan due to his ruthlessness, etc... Is there any article related to him? :?
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to World History Deliberation