Favorite Historical Samurai

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Re: Favorite Historical Samurai

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 pm

My favourite Samurai?

Yukimura Sanada the embodiment of loyalty, courage, leadership, and strength. He reminds me a lot of my favourite three kingdoms character (Zhao Zilong) 8-)

Takeda Shingen comes next as he is imo the most brilliant leader during the period.

And then comes Nobunaga Oda who shook up the whole japan with new ideals.

Last but not least Uesugi Kenshin the rival of Takeda also a brilliant leader.
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Roy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:39 pm

My favorites are two of the three unifiers Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieyasu.

Oda Nobunaga- He was a brilliant leader, he reminds me a lot of Cao Cao and he used everything from politics to war to unify japan. He came close to unifying Japan but just as he was about too, he met his end.

Tokugawa Ieyasu- He served under Nobunaga and Hideyoshi, then after Hideyoshi died he and mitsunari were left in charge of ruling until hideyoshi's son came of age. Tokugawa set up a plan and soon sent the young heir out of the capitol on a trip. this angered mitsunari who confronted tokugawa, tokugawa only smarted off and brought in some armed men. this angered mitsunari who sent assasins to try and kill Tokugawa. This is what Tokugawa wanted and the assasins walked into a trap. Tokugawa then blackmailed Mitsunari about sending assasins to try to kill him. he forced mitsunari out of political life and thus gained a strong grip on japan. Later Sekigahara when Tokugawa fought against mitusnari, the way he was able to understand the psychology of one of mitsunari's officers and force that officer to defect was brilliant.
For those of you who play or have played nation states, I am the Infamous Lord Watkins.

Ha Ha Ha Ha,
Roy
Changshi

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:56 pm

after read "taiko" :D
1. Nobunaga Oda..against the odds
2. Hideyoshi Toyotomi...brilliant but weak in women
3. Tadakatsu Honda...( I believe this one because of game SW and WO ) I wonder if this man really exist ? and is he actually compared to Lu Bu ?
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby PhoenixRising » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:42 am

xiaoxiannu wrote:3. Tadakatsu Honda...( I believe this one because of game SW and WO ) I wonder if this man really exist ? and is he actually compared to Lu Bu ?

Actually he does exist. And he is one of the strongest samurai. his other name is Honda Heihachiro. it said he never wounded in many battles even a scrach.

Lonely_dragon wrote:Takeda Shingen comes next as he is imo the most brilliant leader during the period.

Kenshin have 24 generals right? he5 which one is your favorite bro? my favorite is Takeda Nobushige, Shingen's brother. The other one is Baba Nobufusa (so patriotic even he ended his life by charging to the Oda-Tokugawa's rank)
Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain-FURINKAZAN-
PhoenixRising
Langzhong

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:48 pm

PhoenixRising wrote:
Lonely_dragon wrote:Takeda Shingen comes next as he is imo the most brilliant leader during the period.

Kenshin have 24 generals right? he5 which one is your favorite bro? my favorite is Takeda Nobushige, Shingen's brother. The other one is Baba Nobufusa (so patriotic even he ended his life by charging to the Oda-Tokugawa's rank)

Uhh... Kenshin? I guess you mean Shingen right?

My favourite Shingen's general are:

Kensuke Yamamoto and Masayuki Sanada. Kensuke Yamamoto is a brilliant general which manages to capture a castle in which Shingen have a difficulty in capturing. The same goes for Masayuki Sanada. Or is it that I'm mistaken their deeds... :?
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:19 pm

I will always like Oda Nobunaga. He was a brilliant man.

As with SlickSlicer I also have a soft spot for Ishida Mitsunari.

I also like Ukita Hideie. He must have had some talent because if I remember correctly he along with Mitsunari faced the brunt of the Tokugawa at Sekigahara and he managed to escape and live to the ago of 90.

I think his name is Akashi Teruzami or something similar to that. He was a christian samurai who led the vanguard for the Ukita at Sekigahara. He also managed to escape and fought at the Osaka campaigns for Toyotomi Hideyori, and managed to survive those too.

There are plenty of other samurai I also like. Here is a few for now.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PhoenixRising » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:21 am

Lonely_dragon wrote:Uhh... Kenshin? I guess you mean Shingen right?

Ups! sorry,he5 :P yeah right i mean Shingen.

Ahh you like them because of their intelegent right? :D
for Masayuki, because his son Yukimura was your favorite? 8-)

hmm the most i respected Shingen's general was Baba Nobufusa. really brave and wise general.

btw bro, you should buy this comic book "sengoku"....it's about person named Sengoku Jonbee who is a simple minded soldier. first he joint Saito Dosan. and then he because the most trusted soldier in Hideyoshi rank.
Quite interesting, Takenaka Hanbei just like Zhuge Liang, Hideyoshi like Liu Bei. in this comic book there also about formations and strategy.
Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain-FURINKAZAN-
PhoenixRising
Langzhong

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:36 pm

PhoenixRising wrote:Ups! sorry,he5 :P yeah right i mean Shingen.

Ahh you like them because of their intelegent right? :D
for Masayuki, because his son Yukimura was your favorite? 8-)

hmm the most i respected Shingen's general was Baba Nobufusa. really brave and wise general.

btw bro, you should buy this comic book "sengoku"....it's about person named Sengoku Jonbee who is a simple minded soldier. first he joint Saito Dosan. and then he because the most trusted soldier in Hideyoshi rank.
Quite interesting, Takenaka Hanbei just like Zhuge Liang, Hideyoshi like Liu Bei. in this comic book there also about formations and strategy.

It seems interesting... I will try to look at it later... :D
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kingink » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:21 am

Well, it has been a very tough call, I have a great respect for Minamoto Yoshiie, Sanada Yukirmura, and Takeda Shingen, but in the end I am going to have to go with Ghost Dog. Captain Nathen Algren was a close second.
kingink
Initiate

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:37 pm

i dont know hy but i cant adress sanada yukimura as yukimura, i always call him by sanada nobushige.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to World History Deliberation