Favorite Historical Samurai

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Re: Favorite Historical Samurai

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:40 am

Well i shouldnt have said that because yes it did change alot, it made way to the age of massed infantry formations, if you notice after nobunaga most diamyo switched to mass deploys of cheap ashigaru and long pikes (more so than they already did) and many mounted samurai actually dismounted to fight. But as for nagashino only about 1000 to 1500 guns were used, and what historical sites are these? because i get everything from japanese BOOKS account the era, there is a site just like this dedicated to sengoku era talk on http://www.samuraiarchives.com we talked about this exact issue and many there will point you in the direction im trying to get at.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Zappa » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:47 am

Pierre Beauregard wrote:how about Kobayakawa Hidekane he was loyal family men and was one of the great leaders in the korean campaign and one of the closes advicers and friend of Hideyoshi.

Kobayakawa was the Mitsuhide Akechi of the pre Hideyoshi Era, the Clan betrayed their Lord at Sekigahara alongside with the Mori.[/quote]

no dude he was nowhere near the same as akechi. the one im talking about whats a great thinker and follow u should read before u post lol[/quote]

Oh Im sorry then I read Hideaki Kobayakawa not Hidekane Kobayakawa :lol:
Your right then, he was a great leader in the korean campaign.
As the world changes,war comes and goes and with it might,wealth,right,freedom and land changes its owner,however the only thing that will always remain is the death,that comes with it.
Zappa
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tiger of Kai » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:48 pm

dymlos timbre wrote:Well i shouldnt have said that because yes it did change alot, it made way to the age of massed infantry formations, if you notice after nobunaga most diamyo switched to mass deploys of cheap ashigaru and long pikes (more so than they already did) and many mounted samurai actually dismounted to fight. But as for nagashino only about 1000 to 1500 guns were used, and what historical sites are these? because i get everything from japanese BOOKS account the era, there is a site just like this dedicated to sengoku era talk on http://www.samuraiarchives.com we talked about this exact issue and many there will point you in the direction im trying to get at.

Hey dymios! Are you a member over at the citadel? I don't recognize the name....

Anyway, my favorite Samurai is Takeda Shingen. Hence my username.
Tiger of Kai
Initiate

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm

yea i lingered around on there a while my screen name for it escapes me its been a while. not many go there anymore its sad =[ we get a post once in a few weeks.Are you knew to kongming? if so then welcome and please introduce yourself in the "Introduce yourslef/tell us a bit about you" Topic!!!
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Tiger of Kai » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Yep, I'm a noob. I already posted a little tidbit in the intro thread. I know what you mean about SA. I barely ever log on over there anymore either.
Tiger of Kai
Initiate

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Hm i to first liked takeda shingen when i first started getting into reading about the era, but the more and more i when in it the more i found nobunaga more interesting and the more he appealed to me.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:17 pm

My favorite samurai of the period would be --

Miyamoto Musashi, Mr. Go Rin No Sho himself -- he was the master of the Niten-ryu technique and undefeated. His famous duel with Sasaki Kojiro and many others regarding him beating people to death with bokken is classic. I read his book and also put my own analyzation on his methods in how you can possibly apply to everyday life in this thread.

Ii Naomasa, this guy and his red armor -- I even hate fighting him on Samurai Warriors and often recruit him into my army on Empires. He was successful at Sekigahara.

I've also been a fan of the Yagyu and Sanada clans.
Last edited by Zhuanyong on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tiger of Kai » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 pm

dymlos timbre wrote:Hm i to first liked takeda shingen when i first started getting into reading about the era, but the more and more i when in it the more i found nobunaga more interesting and the more he appealed to me.

I'll admit, Nobunaga's story is indeed more interesting than Shingen's, but the Tiger's still my favorite. :wink:
Tiger of Kai
Initiate

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Indeed the tiger is always appealing specially his fierce rivalry/freindship with Kenshin.

my biggest complaint with the sengoku era is the portrayal of nobunaga being evil -_- he was actually a good person when he wasnt under one of his mood swings.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Tiger of Kai » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:Li Naomasa, this guy and his red armor -- I even hate fighting him on Samurai Warriors and often recruit him into my army on Empires. He was successful at Sekigahara.

I've also been a fan of the Yagyu and Sanada clans.

II Naomasa is one of my favorites as well. Although, he wasn't the first to adopt the all-red armor look, he was definitely the most famous for it! Sanada Masayuki is another one I admire. He's often overlooked in favor of Yukimura, but I would argue he was >Yukimura.
Tiger of Kai
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to World History Deliberation