National Heros

Discuss historical events and information concerning any culture, time, or location in our world (or even the frontier beyond).

Unread postby Little_Phoenix » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:00 am

xiaoxiannu wrote:
Little_Phoenix wrote:Indonesia (my country) : General Sudirman and Prince Diponegoro

Why not Soeharto ? :lol:
:P

You right Xiaoxiannu...i forgot him :D ...yes Soeharto too....he can make this country safe. and also his wife maddam Tien.. :lol:
Little_Phoenix
Changshi

Unread postby Hannibal ad portas » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:16 am

Pele and Bestie were both excellent footballers, or should i say legendary footballers, but of the pitch they were idiots imo. :twisted:

England has alot of National hero's just to name a few:

St George
King Arthur(although he is fictional)
Alfred The Great
Richard I Lionheart(Though I dont myself consider him English being that he didn't speak a word of it)
Edward I
Edward The Black Prince
Henry V
Sir Isaac Newton
Charles Darwin
Queen Elizebeth I
William Shakespeare
John Churchill
Horatio Nelson
Arthur Wellesley
Queen Victoria
Winston Churchill
Princess Diana

I hate how St George is Englands patron Saint, in my honest opinion it should be Alfred The Great.

Here's some for both Wales and Scotland

Wales:
Merlin :shock:
Llywelyn The Great
Llywelyn The Last
Owain Glyndŵr
T. E. Lawrence

Scotland:
William Wallce
Robert The Bruce
Alexander III
Adam Smith
Sir Alexander Fleming
*If three people say you are an ass, put on a bridle.

*Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day.

*Cuando amor no es locura, no es amor.
Hannibal ad portas
Master

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 am

Indonesian Hero :

General Sudirman : The best general ever was in Indonesia.. he strive with ambushes and surprises knowing that he was outnumbered and outclassed by the VOC soldiers that was the only way to fight according to Sun Tzu...

President Soekarno : The first president of Indonesia a good charismatic leader who had been one of the two proclamators of the country...

President Soeharto : Bringing the turmoil country into a peaceful country...

China Hero :

Guan Yu : well What can I say... being refered as the God of War that certainly had the bearing of a hero

Zhao Yun : Saving the child lord twice, unpararelled bravery... great skills...

Yue Fei : A great general who withold loyalty however was executed by his own foolish emperor listening to the evil prime ministers...

Sun Tzu : Founder of the art of war which was worldwide famous...

Japan Hero :

Oda Nobunaga : Bringing a revolutions to Japan's traditions...

Yukimura Sanada : Unpararelled bravery matching to those of Zhao Yun...

France :

Napoleon Bonaparte : One of the legendary leader who shaken the europe and brought France to many victories...

Mongols :

Genghis Khan: His conquest left a huge mark at history... also one of the legendary leaders...
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:55 am

Lonely_dragon wrote:Indonesian Hero :

President Soeharto : Bringing the turmoil country into a peaceful country...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Are you sure about that lonely ???... :lol: :lol: :lol:
However my post up there about Pak Harto is only a joke.. :D
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:33 am

xiaoxiannu Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:55 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure about that lonely ???...
However my post up there about Pak Harto is only a joke..

I'm sure... even though now we doubt that the SUPERSEMAR is exist or not he still cope the G30S/PKI Rebellion... and then through a lot of effort bringing our nearly devastated country united again... more he brought economic stability to Indonesia... remember back then US$ were only about 2000... now it's almost 10.000...

I think he deserved to be called a hero... and most of the corruptions he was charged about was done by his children and not himself... yes he may take part in it... and now labelled as number one corruptor in Indonesia... How the mighty had fallen...

:) :) :) :)

I'm not a fan of Soeharto but I think we shouldn't forgot what he had did to the country...

Since I've yet seen a potential Indonesian leader that might raise us back to where we once were... far from our current economic downfall...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Koichi » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Hey guys, just a small injection here. Try to keep the emoticons down. I mean it's ok to use them just don't get carried away, we do have spam rules. Just don't have, I dunno, entire sections of your post comprising of emoticons. That's all, carry on.
Koichi
Scholar of Shen Zhou
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:44 am

I'd say Han Xin and Huo Qubing are good national heroes for the Han dynasty. Zhang Liang and Chen Ping are pretty good too, for that matter. Yue Fei's obviously a good pick, especially since I like the Song dynasty, and he was just about the best military figure they had (otherwise, they kind of sucked militarily, but culture boomed).
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Little_Phoenix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:16 am

Lonely_dragon wrote:
I think he deserved to be called a hero... and most of the corruptions he was charged about was done by his children and not himself... yes he may take part in it... and now labelled as number one corruptor in Indonesia... How the mighty had fallen...

:) :) :) :)

I'm not a fan of Soeharto but I think we shouldn't forgot what he had did to the country...

Since I've yet seen a potential Indonesian leader that might raise us back to where we once were... far from our current economic downfall...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes he's one of the great leader that indonesia ever have. the current president is a dumb and idiot. Soeharto is now dying but still he ordered High Judge (the highest position in law) to go Soeharto family and demand some money so that Soeharto problem will be clear. what kind of president he is??!!
now after the issue spread, he denied it. funny things!! hwahaha...the only person who can ordered High Judge is the president.

but...back to topic......hehehe....okay....hmmmm

for japan :
:arrow: Hideyoshi Toyotomi
:arrow: Ryoma Sakamoto

for China :
:arrow: Yue Fei
:arrow: Yang Ye
:arrow: Qi Jiguang
:arrow: Zhang Chengong
Last edited by Little_Phoenix on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little_Phoenix
Changshi

Unread postby Shah Muhammad III » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:02 am

I have 1 for Japan, Togo Heihacihero one of the greatest admirals of Japan Kurdistian if it ever forms, Saladin sp??
Denn du bist was du isst Und ihr wisst was es ist ,stein um stein mauer ich dich ein
Shah Muhammad III
Academic

Unread postby Little_Phoenix » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:05 am

Shah Muhammad III wrote:I have 1 for Japan, Togo Heihacihero one of the greatest admirals of Japan Kurdistian if it ever forms, Saladin sp??

Togo? is he lived in sengoku era? :?: :?:
Little_Phoenix
Changshi

PreviousNext

Return to World History Deliberation