Which officer was the best archer?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby barbarosso » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:56 pm

I don't see how Xiahuo Yuan got his great reputation as an archer in Koei's games, but i think who ever one the competion for the Shu surcoat should be a contented for this award, (was it Xu Huang, i think). From the book i would have to say Huang Zhong, because making sure to hit Gaun Yu's helemt and not his head in a pretty hard thing to do. Well it's a tie actually because i think Zhang He split two arrows in half while riding on a horse facing away form the target, during the Shu Surcoat competion, oo that would look soo cool.
"The fine line before, arrogance and confitdence is bearly visible when we hold our heads up high" Me thats who !
User avatar
barbarosso
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Tir Na Nog

Unread postby simple » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:08 pm

crashman wrote:Like shooting the rope that held the sail in place? That was a pretty cool story.
The SGYY seems to hold the idea that if you are a good warrior, you are inevitably a good archer. The two are inseperable.


Well, we can't be sure whether that event happened or not. But neither can we b sure of Huang Zhong's story either. So for all we know, He might b a great shot too, rite?
simple
Academic
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:58 pm

Unread postby barbarosso » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:01 pm

simple wrote:
crashman wrote:Like shooting the rope that held the sail in place? That was a pretty cool story.
The SGYY seems to hold the idea that if you are a good warrior, you are inevitably a good archer. The two are inseperable.

Well, we can't be sure whether that event happened or not. But neither can we b sure of Huang Zhong's story either. So for all we know, He might b a great shot too, rite?


I agree with you totaly, but i was just sating that Koei toke it's inspiration from the novel yet it turns out Xiahou Yuan as an acher
"The fine line before, arrogance and confitdence is bearly visible when we hold our heads up high" Me thats who !
User avatar
barbarosso
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Tir Na Nog

Unread postby Elven Fury » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:51 am

Although Koei could have taken the idea tht seeing Huang Zhong was a good archer, and that Xiahou Yuan had a story.... and the fact that the death of Yuan was Directly coorelated to Huang Zhong... they may have used it to "tie" the characters together in a way
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
User avatar
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:54 pm
Location: NW, NC

Unread postby barbarosso » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:53 pm

Elven Fury wrote:Although Koei could have taken the idea tht seeing Huang Zhong was a good archer, and that Xiahou Yuan had a story.... and the fact that the death of Yuan was Directly coorelated to Huang Zhong... they may have used it to "tie" the characters together in a way
Ah you mean like a rivaly thing. Two guys who are equaly matched becoming arch enemies. Get it? "arch" enemies !
"The fine line before, arrogance and confitdence is bearly visible when we hold our heads up high" Me thats who !
User avatar
barbarosso
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Tir Na Nog

Unread postby WeiTreize » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:28 pm

Lu Bu or Xiahou Yuan where the best I think but I think that Xiahou Yuan was better
"A single death is a tragedy;A million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin 1945
WeiTreize
Academic
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:29 am
Location: Sekigahara 1600 A.D.

Unread postby barbarosso » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:15 pm

WeiTreize wrote:Lu Bu or Xiahou Yuan where the best I think but I think that Xiahou Yuan was better


How do figure that out from the book? Or are you thinking of the game
"The fine line before, arrogance and confitdence is bearly visible when we hold our heads up high" Me thats who !
User avatar
barbarosso
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Tir Na Nog

Unread postby Pir0 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:06 am

I'd say tie between Lu Bu and Huang Zhong. Maybe even Zhao Yun, when he was escorting Zhuge Liang.

Can't be sure since you have to rate them by the difficulty or amazing. D:
Pir0
Tyro
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 am

Unread postby barbarosso » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:04 pm

Pir0 wrote:I'd say tie between Lu Bu and Huang Zhong. Maybe even Zhao Yun, when he was escorting Zhuge Liang.

Can't be sure since you have to rate them by the difficulty or amazing. D:


True true, but tell me more about the escoting of master zhuge
"The fine line before, arrogance and confitdence is bearly visible when we hold our heads up high" Me thats who !
User avatar
barbarosso
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Tir Na Nog

Unread postby Luo Guanzhong » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:58 pm

I will vote for Huang Zhong.
Luo Guanzhong
Tyro
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:50 pm
Location: Luoyang

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved