Which officer was the best archer?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Which officer was the best archer?

Unread postby Waking Dragon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:02 am

I have been wondering...which general was truly the best ever at archery? Was it Huang Zhong? Lu Bu? Xiahou Yuan? Who was the master of archery? Who was the dragon of archery?
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water." r.i.p legend...

Bruce Lee
Waking Dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Godfrey de Bouillon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:09 am

Well let us see. Huang Zhong I think was said to shoot 100 arrows at falling leaves and each arrow hit a leaf, he also did the feats during the Guan Yu duel. Lu Bu shot the arrow through the halberd, I don't know of anything else. Xiahou Yuan, I have no idea what his feats were. Based on what I know, I would have to say Huang Zhong is the top archer.
Count Godfrey de Bouillon, Duke of Lower Lorraine, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri
"Having already decapitated many an enemy with a single stroke, Godfrey swung his sword at another adversary and cut him cleanly in half."
Vive Dieu Saint Amour!
Godfrey de Bouillon
Sage

I see...

Unread postby Waking Dragon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:19 am

I see...based on what you told me and what actually happened...Huang Zhong was truly skilled in archery...but what about Xiahou Yuan and Lu Bu...what happened when they had bow and arrows in there hands?

Bruce Lee
Waking Dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Dragon Archer

Unread postby Stedfel » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:19 am

Waking Dragon wrote:I have been wondering...which general was truly the best ever at archery? Was it Huang Zhong? Lu Bu? Xiahou Yuan? Who was the master of archery? Who was the dragon of archery?

Just so I know, why do you refer to everything as Dragon-Something?

Now onto your question. Lu Bu and Xiahou Yuan are known for hitting stationary targets. That' not to hard. If the 100 leave story about Huang Zhong is true, it would definetely be him. Considering everything, I'll vote Huang Zhong.
Stedfel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:22 am

Whoever shot Xiahou Dun. (Cao Xing?)

Moving target, small target (eye). You need some skill for that. Too bad he got killed right after that... :(
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Stedfel » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:24 am

Lady Wu wrote:Whoever shot Xiahou Dun. (Cao Xing?)

Moving target, small target (eye). You need some skill for that. Too bad he got killed right after that... :(

Yeah, it was Cao Xing. I really wouldn't call him a good archer, as that shot could have very well been a fluke. If he was a truly good archer, Xiahou Dun would have been to dead to kill him.
Stedfel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Dragon

Unread postby Waking Dragon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:27 am

Oh...Dragon?...I think of it as an honor for one to be named that...Dragon=Master...Dragon=Warrior...Dragon=Ultimate...Catch my drift? Tiger is also good...Like 5 tiger generals...I think that dragon is the best though...Dragon=Fierce-Honorable-Strong-Skilled-Trustworthy-Bold...Warrior...Dragon

Bruce Lee
Waking Dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:31 am

It may be more helpful to label this thread "Best Archer" or something, so that people know what it's about--it's a thread about who you think is the best archer, rather than a thread about someone called "Dragon Archer".

If I can't take Cao Xing, how about Taishi Ci? He pinned that dude's hand on a pillar on top of the city gates, by shooting from beneath the walls. When he broke out of Guan Hai's siege in order to deliver a note to Liu Bei for Kong Rong, he shot a bunch of people dead on his way out, and that scared everyone from pursuing him. Not too shabby, I think.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Stedfel » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:32 am

Lady Wu wrote:It may be more helpful to label this thread "Best Archer" or something, so that people know what it's about--it's a thread about who you think is the best archer, rather than a thread about someone called "Dragon Archer".

If I can't take Cao Xing, how about Taishi Ci? He pinned that dude's hand on a pillar on top of the city gates, by shooting from beneath the walls. When he broke out of Guan Hai's siege in order to deliver a note to Liu Bei for Kong Rong, he shot a bunch of people dead on his way out, and that scared everyone from pursuing him. Not too shabby, I think.

I wasn't saying that you couldn't pick him, I'm just saying that if he was that great, Xiahou Dun would have probably died that day. And yes, Taishi Ci would be a very good pick.
Stedfel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Wow

Unread postby Waking Dragon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:36 am

Wow...I never knew that...u are very knowledgable wen it comes to ROTK, I praise you for your knowledge Lady Wu...Your posts are very detailed and good...You are truly a Scholar of Shen Zhou

Bruce Lee
Waking Dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium