Cao Cao Chronology (revised)

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Morg » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:15 pm

Liu Ce wrote:Nicely done Morg. Did you have help because this is very good!

Thank you very much :D All my work is done by myself but I do get feedback from members when I post the work in the forum. The two chronologies have been posted before and so some errors were pointed out that allow me to improve the finished product.

Lady Wu wrote:Ok, I went and checked. The historical character who led the rebellion was 吉本 (Ji Ben), whereas the one in the novel (fingerless dude) was 吉平. "Ben" and "Ping" being sorta similar in form, it's conceivable that storytellers through the ages made a mistake somewhere. I'm positive they refer to the same person.

Thank you for checking on that, it is appreciated.

Lady Wu wrote:I forgot to say this before, but thank you very much Morg for making this. It's most excellent. :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it and comment on it :D I would be most interested in your thoughts on the revised Liu Shan Chronology as it was your feedback on the original that prompted the re-writes.
"If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you." - Cao Cao to Pang De
Morg
The Man

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium