Could Cao Cao rule all?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Could Cao Cao rule all?

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:12 pm

Without the interfering Zhuge... :x could Cao Cao have defeated his foes and united China? Personally I think yes...I mean, why not? :D Well, what do you all think?
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby White Horse General » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:49 pm

He sure had the potential to, but his arrogance in his own ability was a big hinderance.
Sings we a dance of wolves;
Who smell fear and slay a coward.
Sings we a dance of man;
Who smells gold and slays his brother.
White Horse General
Master

Unread postby Zhuge Kongmingx » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:01 pm

Of course Cao Cao had a large chance...hell, without the "interfering Zhuge", he would have won. Period. Chi Bi would probably not have happened if not for Kongming, and Wu would have surrendered. Cao Cao was the greatest talent in all of 3k, and I see no reason why he couldnt have united the land, if not for the able talent in Wu and the master mind behin Kongming.
Zhuge Kongmingx
Initiate

Unread postby K'ung-Ming » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:19 am

Not only could Cao Cao have ruled all, he would have ruled all, if not for Kongming. Simple as that.
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`
K'ung-Ming
Initiate

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:22 am

Cao Cao had a chance even after Chi Bi.There was no reason why he couldn;t mount another grand attack through Jingzhou.
But I think instead of putting everything into conquest he took some of that energy and used it to develop Wei as a kingdom.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Devilrai » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:23 am

I love it, Zhuge Liang foiling Cao Cao goal of total conquest. :lol: Anyway, Cao Cao could have conquered all of China very easily but he did not and its all because of the Great Zhuge Liang...to bad.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stedfel » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Cao Cao could have easily conquered the other two Kingdoms if their was no Zhuge Liang. He might have even expanded further.
Stedfel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ah Man » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:18 am

Hee... :lol: Well that answers my question. But imagine if he ever came in contact with any of the other great generals of the day...Imagine if he was able to extend the empire even as far as the Tang, to around the afghanistan area...Might even come in contact with the parthians or some of the talented Roman generals of the day. As to him being arrogant...I dont' know if this is just my opinion but it seems like Cao Cao is almost a chinese version of Gaius Julius Caesar...Well what do you guys think?
Cao Ah Man
Scholar

Unread postby White Horse General » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:05 pm

I'd say Cao Cao could topple the Romans. The Romans were big, they were strong sure but a lot of their fighting was agaisnt unorganized Barbarian tribes. They didn'thave much practice in fighting organized armies save for Hannibal.

Perhaps it's just my opinion but if you put the Roman legions in one corner and Cao Cao's army in the other, I'd put my money on Cao Cao.
Sings we a dance of wolves;
Who smell fear and slay a coward.
Sings we a dance of man;
Who smells gold and slays his brother.
White Horse General
Master

Unread postby Exar Kun » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:42 am

I doubt he could topple the Romans,the supply line would be far too long for him to be able to do anything feasible.
But then,either way,this was later day Rome,in a hundred or so years they be ravaged by the Goths so Cao could probably break them.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium