Romance of the Three Kingdoms Playing Cards

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Zhilong » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:27 pm

I think with out buying power we can look for bulk / wholesale discounts! :lol:
"You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! You have been smart enough to get possession of a large region and elbow your way into the ranks of the nobles. I was just going to attack you, and now you dare to scheme against me! How I detest you!"
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Morg » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:48 pm

Kong Zhengshu wrote:Yep, that's the one, although mine seems painted differently. Guan Yu's face isn't as red as that in my set (and no, it's not just a function of the lighting--my Guan Yu's face's redness is almost imperceptible in comparison with the other characters). I wonder who makes these things?

I can't remember the name of the company but the figures are all handpainted which is probably why your Guan Yu looks different from the one in the picture.
"If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you." - Cao Cao to Pang De
Morg
The Man

Unread postby Seven at One Stroke » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:21 pm

Morg wrote:As is this one:
although I'm not sure who it is exactly. It came from a museum in Chengdu and is definitely 3K. I'm sure I've seen more posters by the same artist.

That, would be Jiang Wei. Strange, isn't it? :lol: Looks more like DW's Wei Yan. Where did you get all the cool stuff from, Morg?
Moderation in pursuit of actual work is no vice.
Seven at One Stroke
Sei's Slave

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:40 pm

Zhilong wrote:USD$15 sounds expensive for a set of cards. I think i'll have a lookout when if i go to Hong Kong in August. Mainlaind China is probably the best place for cheapskates like me! 8-)

Well, it's 2 sets of cards plus a nice case. It's made in Taiwan, btw, so you probably won't find it in the Mainland. [/quote]

I'm after the set with Sima as the Queens. That is simply too funny. Is he wearing the dress KongMing gave him? I take it that means there are no ladies on the cards since Sima has taken over the Queens?

Actually, I have Madam Zhurong and Madam Huang (Zhuge Liang's wife) as 4C (I have 2 sets), Lady Mi and Diao Chan as 4H. Xiao Qiao (in mourning garb) and Lady Gan are 4S. One 4D is Lady Sun... guess who the other 4D is?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Morg » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:21 pm

Seven at One Stroke wrote:That, would be Jiang Wei. Strange, isn't it? :lol: Looks more like DW's Wei Yan. Where did you get all the cool stuff from, Morg?

That's Jiang Wei? :shock: All that cool stuff is from Japanese auction sites. I used to struggle but I'd find some stuff on them. Since you gave me the Kanji for certain terms I've been able to find a lot more (82 pages of 3K stuff w00t!).
Morg
The Man

Unread postby Jimayo » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:27 pm

Anybody here heard of P3K(Portal Three Kingdoms)?
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Morg » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:35 pm

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:Anybody here heard of P3K(Portal Three Kingdoms)?

Yeah the Magic: The Gathering add on. I remember the 3K expansion but I didn't know there was a Portal version. The MTG stuff isn't something I know alot about.
Morg
The Man

Unread postby Jimayo » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:37 pm

Morg wrote:Yeah the Magic: The Gathering add on. I remember the 3K expansion but I didn't know there was a Portal version. The MTG stuff isn't something I know alot about.

Neither do I. Although I've been learning to play and am dying to get that set. I'd love to kick my friends a** with Shu(who seem to have the best cards).
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

P3K

Unread postby Godfrey de Bouillon » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:49 pm

I've heard of the Portal Three Kingdoms, that's what I thought this topic was about when I first saw it. I would like to own the set, I wonder if Wizards would ever reprint it and release it in the States. I found this site that has pictures of all the cards, I like Xiahou Dun's horse: http://www.magictrade.dk/images/kort/portalthreekingdoms/page_01.htm I like the poems they have on the cards too.
Count Godfrey de Bouillon, Duke of Lower Lorraine, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri
"Having already decapitated many an enemy with a single stroke, Godfrey swung his sword at another adversary and cut him cleanly in half."
Vive Dieu Saint Amour!
Godfrey de Bouillon
Sage

Unread postby Cao Zhi » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:59 pm

Hmph. Figures that Shu gets the White and Wei the Black. I'll have to tell my roomate about these; he loves Magic and I have been trying to get him interested in the Three Kingdoms for some time. Where might these cards be found?
"To the meaningless French idealisms of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity, we oppose the German realisms of Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery."
- Prince Bernhard von Bulow, German Chancellor 1900-09 (attrib.)
Cao Zhi
Princely Poet of Wei

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium