Zhen Ji's Marriage

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Zhen Ji's Marriage

Unread postby Marc » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:08 pm

I heard Zhen Ji was forced into her marriage with Cao Pi. Is this true? IF so, who was she originally married to (if anyone).
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Man Chong » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:12 pm

I'm not sure if she was forced to marry Cao Pi or not....

But she was married to Yuan Shao's second son, Yuan Xi. After Cao's campaign against Yuan Shao, Yuan Xi was dead, and Cao Pi found Zhen Ji. Mesmerized by her beauty, he married her. :)
Man Chong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:28 pm

So what you're saying is that Cao Pi fell in love with her, and then he just made her his wife?
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Sima Hui » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:39 pm

Man Chong wrote: But she was married to Yuan Shao's second son, Yuan Xi. After Cao's campaign against Yuan Shao, Yuan Xi was dead, and Cao Pi found Zhen Ji. Mesmerized by her beauty, he married her. :)

I think Yuan Xi just ran away from the city of Ye. He wasn't dead. Besides, she was a 5th rank concubine, he wouldn't have missed her. He was still alive 5 years after Cao Pi married her.
This topic is an affront to both The Man and The Son of the Man.

-Ts'aoist

Ssuma I sucks.
He was okay when he was an obedient slave of The Man.

-Ts'aoist

Join the Cult and receive the True and Holy Word of The Man.
Sima Hui
Cult of Ts'aoist

Unread postby Shadowlink » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:41 pm

Zhuge Marc wrote:So what you're saying is that Cao Pi fell in love with her, and then he just made her his wife?
yeah i think so remember cao cao said that is the wife for my son must have force her to marry him or threaten somebody's life???
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Man Chong » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:46 pm

Sima Hui wrote:
Man Chong wrote: But she was married to Yuan Shao's second son, Yuan Xi. After Cao's campaign against Yuan Shao, Yuan Xi was dead, and Cao Pi found Zhen Ji. Mesmerized by her beauty, he married her. :)

I think Yuan Xi just ran away from the city of Ye. He wasn't dead. Besides, she was a 5th rank concubine, he wouldn't have missed her. He was still alive 5 years after Cao Pi married her.

and this is the wife of Yuan Xi, his second son. She was of the Zhen family. When Yuan Xi was sent to command in Youzhou, her family objected to her going so far from home and she stayed behind

Quote from SGYY...

I guess that when Yuan Xi left for You, he left Zhen Ji behind I guess...

Hmm.. Yuan Xi was still alive...? Where did you get that info....?
Man Chong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:50 pm

Women in that time really couldn't prevent getting married since they had no real rights as such and that is why there is very little info. and resources about them.
So I don't think she was forced because Cao Pi loved her and she probably gradually fell in love with him she married of her own free will I assume but usually if I man wanted a wife then they would get one, heck, some of them laws are around today like in Turkey a man can have 2 wives.

But yeah, first husband was Yuan Xi then Cao Pi.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:49 am

i think Zhen Ji would've been glad that someone wanted to marry her again after Yuan Xi left. Unless u were married a woman had zero prospects back them, so i guess her being taken as a trophy wife saved her ass.
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rainiez » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:44 pm

I think Yuan Shao's wife is the one who gave Zhen Ji to Cao Pi. But being with Yuan Xi is no use better off with Cao Pi.
Rainiez
Langzhong

Unread postby Vladimir » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:15 am

Kind of true, since SGZY mentions that Cao Pi had several wives. However, she is apparently good enough to him to be named Empress when he takes the throne.
Xiang Liang of SimRTK
Scholar of Diplomatic and Military History
Bach. Degree History Texas Tech University
Vladimir
Apprentice

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium