Sun Ce’s Daughters

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Sun Ce’s Daughters

Unread postby Musou » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:56 am

Okay, I dont know where I can put this without someone yelling at me.

But I've maneged to make a list of most of Sun ????'s Relatives.

Father: Sun Ce
Mother: Da Qiao
Grandfathers: Sun Jian, Qiao Xuan.
Grandmother: Lady Wu
Aunts: Sun Shang Xiang, Xiao Qiao
Uncles: Sun Quan, Sun Yi, Sun Kuang
Husband: Lu Xun

If anybody has info on Ce's daughter they would like to add or would like to inform me of any mistake's I made, feel free to post them here.
Musou
Academic

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 am

If you go to http://kongming.net/novel/ and then scroll all the way down to the bottom, look at the side-bar on the right hand side of the screen. There should be a link there for a Sun family tree. It's pretty comprehensive (and has a LOT more Suns that you might think)!
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Musou » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:51 pm

Yes, Ive seen it before. Thats how I learned about Sun Yi, and Sun Kuang an a few others.
Musou
Academic

Unread postby Justin » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:54 pm

I think this should be in SGYY.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rainiez » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:53 am

I dunno about the true one but Lynn told me that Sun Ce's only daughter is named Sun Ya.
我就像你,没有一秒曾後悔- 一眼萬年
Rainiez
Langzhong

Unread postby Goth Girl » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:26 pm

Know what she looked like? And did Sun Ce have any Sons?
Goth Girl
Changshi

Unread postby Musou » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:01 pm

Nope. Just a daughter.
Musou
Academic

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:17 pm

Oops... my bad... gross omission on the Sun Family Tree. Sun Ce did have a son, called Sun Shao 孫紹 (this is not the more familiar Sun Shao, nor the one who was the first prime minister of Wu but who doesn't have a biography). He was made Marquis of Wu when Sun Quan made himself emperor, and then later made Marquis of Shangyu. His son Sun Feng inherited his title upon Shao's death. However, during Sun Hao's time, there were rumours that Sun Feng should be emperor instead. So Sun Hao had him killed. :cry:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:34 pm

Another omission! Gah! Sun Ce had another daughter. I only found out when reading Zhu Zhi's biography last night. Zhu Zhi (uncle of Zhu Ran) had 4 sons, 2 of whom died in infanct. The second son, Zhu Ji, was given Sun Ce's daughter's hand in marriage. Assuming that a woman can't be married to two men simultaneous, and that Zhu Ji was still alive when Lu Xun got married, Sun Ce must have had two daughters.

Oh, and I found out another thing from Zhu Zhi's bio: Sun Quan's cousin Sun Ben, who was the son of Sun Jian's twin brother, had a girl who became Cao Cao's daughter-in-law (before Cao Cao attacked Jing Province). Does anyone know anything more about this? To which son of Cao Cao's was Sun Ben's daughter married? (Sun Ben's SGZ bio says nothing of this :x )

Sorry guys, for the omissions on the family tree. I'll try to get it fixed. :P
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby The Sun Also Rises » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:46 pm

Lady Wu wrote:Oh, and I found out another thing from Zhu Zhi's bio: Sun Quan's cousin Sun Ben, who was the son of Sun Jian's twin brother, had a girl who became Cao Cao's daughter-in-law (before Cao Cao attacked Jing Province). Does anyone know anything more about this? To which son of Cao Cao's was Sun Ben's daughter married? (Sun Ben's SGZ bio says nothing of this :x )

According to Empresses and Consorts it was Cao Zhang though they don't quote a source.
-011a5-400c974c;
The Sun Also Rises
Student

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium