Cao Cao, some other tales about him.

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Lord Yuan Shao » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:05 pm

When Cao Cao was young, he went out with Yuan Shao. They bypassd a bridal ceremony. Uninvited, they slipped into the host's garden. After night fell, they shouted, "thieves, buggery!" All people inside the house dashed out to help, Cao Cao then went into the room and kidnapped the bride. The three then made way to escape. However Yuan Shao was then trapped in the bush, and could not move. Cao Cao saw it and then shouted aloud "the thief is here, come and get him." Yuan Shao was so terrified he threw himself out of the bush, and both escaped.


That proves Yuan Shao always has been an innocent and pure heart person,always dropping in Cao Cao´s dirty plans.Certainly,Cao Cao always has been a bad boy,jajaja.
Yuan Shao: "The brave person rather faces death in the battle than seeks safety behind a wall!"
User avatar
Lord Yuan Shao
Academic
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The 4 provinces of He Bei

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:50 pm

Yuan Shao wrote:That proves Yuan Shao always has been an innocent and pure heart person,always dropping in Cao Cao´s dirty plans.Certainly,Cao Cao always has been a bad boy,jajaja.

That only proves that a bush is better than Yuan Shao. Also Yuan took part in this too, so wouldnt yuan be a tad bit guilty. Also i think its pretty funny that he called Yuan the thief when he kidnapped the bride. It was smart of Cao to yell that also, it gave Yuan a real reason to get the hell out of that bush.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:40 pm
Location: The search party never came...

Wow

Unread postby Peter » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:09 am

thx, Mengdez New Book, I mean, wow. I hope it's a fork tale, otherwise Cao Cao's imagery in my mind start to fade...

ok, Dian_Wei, for me personaly? If I have to use someone else to be "me" while I can observe as a guard, just a insignificant guard!
Thsi envoy although did not repect the fake "me" but to real me. Why would I be angry at all? but that's just me, not Cao Cao, so I have no idea why would he do that? :D
Peter
Academic
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Canada

Unread postby Wen Choung » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:08 am

Dian_Wei wrote:It may have been that Cao Cao was angry because the envoy called the guard a hero, not the peron he thought was Cao Cao. Wouldnt you be a little angry if you were a powerful man and someone said your guard, not you was a hero.


This is what I thought...one second before I read it. LoL
Yea, I agree with Dian Wei.

I think all of these stories are true. Of course, I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt. My main reason is that Cao Cao, being the ruler of Wei, must have a more interesting life personally, not just what he says and does in RoTK or SGZ.
User avatar
Wen Choung
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:27 am

Unread postby Lord Yuan Shao » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:13 pm

Dian_Wei wrote:
That only proves that a bush is better than Yuan Shao. Also Yuan took part in this too, so wouldnt yuan be a tad bit guilty. Also i think its pretty funny that he called Yuan the thief when he kidnapped the bride. It was smart of Cao to yell that also, it gave Yuan a real reason to get the hell out of that bush.



Sure,I think you only know speak about Cao Cao without certainly know why.For you,only exists Cao Cao,Dian Wei,Dian Wei and at last Dian Wei :lol: .
Dont speak only for the ocuppied space of speak.Talk with fundaments,like the others here.
Yuan Shao: "The brave person rather faces death in the battle than seeks safety behind a wall!"
User avatar
Lord Yuan Shao
Academic
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The 4 provinces of He Bei

Unread postby Yuan Seth » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:23 pm

[quote="Yuan Shao"]For you,only exists Cao Cao,Dian Wei,Dian Wei and at last Dian Wei :lol: .quote]

Hmm....most interesting, because all I have seen you do is talk about Yuan Shao...


Anyway, on the topic on the story with Cao Cao and Yuan Shao, I think that Cao Cao saying that Yuan Shao was the theif was probably just in good fun, and just to get Yuan Shao aware that he's going to get caught if he doesn't get out of that bush. :lol:
袁 "Since the dawn of time every one will die,
Let the history books note my death with loyalty at heart." --Wen Tianxiang
User avatar
Yuan Seth
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:05 am
Location: Outskirts of Beiping - Driving Gongsun Zan to suicide

Unread postby Lord Yuan Shao » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:46 pm

Yuan Seth wrote:Hmm....most interesting, because all I have seen you do is talk about Yuan Shao...

You have certainly a point there.But i´t isn´t the same.There are much Cao Cao´s fans here...and almost nobody of Yuan Shao.It´s logic that I´m always defending him,because I´m the lonely one who dares to put the hando on the fire for him.Be Dinasty Warriors,be the novel or be his biography...I´m very satisfied with Yuan Shao´s personality,and I have no regrets about it.An example that liked me much.Read and enjoy about Yuan Shao in RTK.And please,don´t again doubt about his honor anymore,that is an injustificable insult.Here I go:

The now all-powerful Dong Zhuo prepared a banquet in the capital at which all the officers of state were guests. He also bade Lu Bu post a company of armed men right and left ready for action. The feast began and several courses were served with nothing to distinguish that banquet from any other.

Then suddenly the host arose and drew his sword, saying, "He who is above us being weak and irresolute is unfit for the duties of his high place. Wherefore I, as of old did Yi Yin and Huo Guang, will set aside this Emperor giving him the title of Prince of Hongnong, and I will place on the throne the present Prince of Chenliu. And those who do not support me will suffer death."

Fear seized them in its grip and they were silent, all but Yuan Shao who said, "The Emperor was innocent of any fault, and to set him aside in favor of a commoner was rebellion and nothing else!"

"The empire is in my hands!" cried Dong Zhuo. "When I choose to do this thing, who will dare to say nay? Think you my sword lacks an edge?"

"If your sword is sharp, mine is never blunt!" said Yuan Shao as his sword flashed out of the sheath.

The two men stood face to face amid the feasters.


I´m not defending Yuan Shao for nothing.I think all we believe in something about our favourite heroes or characters.And after,like always,answers me people that thinks I´m crazy because I only know speak about Yuan Shao...
Yuan Shao: "The brave person rather faces death in the battle than seeks safety behind a wall!"
User avatar
Lord Yuan Shao
Academic
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The 4 provinces of He Bei

Yuan Shao

Unread postby Iain » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:46 pm

Your support for Yuan Shao is admirable, and yes in his early days he seemed quite the valiant warlord, ready to stand against tyrants.
But the actions he is most remembered for are his numerable mistakes at Guan Du against Cao Cao; Had he used better judgement there and a little more self control on punishing his advisors, he could have swept away Cao Cao and saved the emperor.
So instead he is known as a indecisive man who made stupid mistakes and missed his chances for true greatness; Unfortunately it is the last acts of his life that define him, not how he got there.
User avatar
Iain
Lord of Nanchang
 
Posts: 4754
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:55 am
Location: Lost in the fun world of Vana'diel.

Unread postby Lord Yuan Shao » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:28 pm

DynastyIain wrote:Your support for Yuan Shao is admirable, and yes in his early days he seemed quite the valiant warlord, ready to stand against tyrants.
But the actions he is most remembered for are his numerable mistakes at Guan Du against Cao Cao; Had he used better judgement there and a little more self control on punishing his advisors, he could have swept away Cao Cao and saved the emperor.
So instead he is known as a indecisive man who made stupid mistakes and missed his chances for true greatness; Unfortunately it is the last acts of his life that define him, not how he got there.


Thanks very much,I´m trying to prove that there is more in a person that his bad side.I truly think that Yuan Shao,early or last years was a very important person and a very impressive leader,I will never change my mind,because I have good reasons for speak in his name.I´m agree in a lot of things,like ignoring his advisors and punishing Tian Feng in a cell.One thing here: Yuan Shao NOT KILLED HIM,you are wrong in this matter,and i don´t think he had done it if he would triunphed.Tell me what person Yuan Shao killed...let´s see...someone? ... an advisor? ... an officer decapitated? Who? ... Nobody,of course!! He surely would havechanged his mood if various things would went better.
More attention to the supply Depot(Chunyu Qiong´s fault),and his advisors almost achieve the DEATH of Liu Bei,after Yan Liang´s and Wen Chou´s:

Two advisers, Guo Tu and Shen Pei, went in to see him and said, "Again that fellow Guan Yu has been in the battle. He killed Wen Chou. Liu Bei pretends ignorance of him."
Their master was angry and railed at Liu Bei, "The long-cared rebel! How dare he do such a thing?" »

Soon Liu Bei appeared. Again Yuan Shao ordered him out to instant execution.
"What crime have I committed?" asked Liu Bei.
"You sent your brother to slay one of my generals. Is that no crime?"
"Pray let me explain before I die. Cao Cao hated me and has always done so. Now he has found out where I am and, fearing that I may help you, has got my brother to destroy your two generals, feeling sure that when you heard of it, you would be angry and put me to death. You cannot fail to see this." »

"What he says is sense," said Yuan Shao, turning to his advisers, "and you two nearly brought on me the reproach of injuring the good." »

Yuan Shao ordered his attendants to retire and asked Liu Bei to come and sit by him.


Don´t you understand yet? Yuan Shao ALWAYS have been the same honorable general,like you or not.How book portions about Yuan Shao have I to get out for put his good name at good rest? :? .I´ll not give up.My asnwers are´t that professional like yours to impress the audience,because my basic English,but al least I expect everybody understand the interest i put in RTK and in Yuan Shao in particular.I can assure I´m enjoying defending my thoughts in this forum.And i have that right.I have more obstacles writing than you can see...but that will not stop me.I cannot be a moderator..I cannot be respected...but I´m different,that virtue nobody can change it.
Yuan Shao: "The brave person rather faces death in the battle than seeks safety behind a wall!"
User avatar
Lord Yuan Shao
Academic
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:51 pm
Location: The 4 provinces of He Bei

Unread postby Zhilong » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:26 am

Re: Envoy Story

And it begs the question... if the envoy said he was utterly impressed with the fake Cao Cao... would Cao Cao still get jealous and kill him anyway (even if it was his desired goal)? :P

It's like your girlfriend asking you if her bum is fat.
Answer yes and you are obviously on a one-way ticket to hell.
Answer no and they say you are lying. What can you do? :roll:
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:22 am
Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot] and 8 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved