Lu Bu and Cao Cao

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Lu Bu and Cao Cao

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:12 pm

If you were Cao Cao would you have killed Lu Bu or let him in your service.

I would let him serve me because as traitorous as he might be he would at least be intelligent enough to know that Cao Cao could have killed him. Cao Cao also could have a great general to use against Liu Bei because before Lu Bu was killed Liu Bei told Cao Cao to kill him so I think Lu Bu might have been a little mad at Liu Bei for trying to get Cao Cao to kill him.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Morg » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:30 pm

I would have killed him just like Cao Cao did. Lu Bu (in SGYY) was fully aware that Dong Zhuo would kill him if he found out about Lu Bu's obsession for Diao Chan but he carried on regardless. Lu Bu couldn't be trusted and would always bite the hand that fed him.
"If you do not turn your back on me, I shall not on you." - Cao Cao to Pang De
Morg
The Man

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:12 pm

I would have killed him too. As much as I would have liked to have his skills in my army, its impossible to trust him. Cao Cao had more then enough talent under him anyway, it wasn't worth the risk.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:39 pm

Zhang Liao17 wrote:I would have killed him too. As much as I would have liked to have his skills in my army, its impossible to trust him. Cao Cao had more then enough talent under him anyway, it wasn't worth the risk.

Ditto.....it's too risky keeping Lu Bu alive. Besides, having one Xu Huang, one Zhang Liao, one Xiahou Dun, one Xiahou Yuan already equals to having a Lu Bu........
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Rurouni Kenshin » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:13 pm

Yeah I probably would have killed him if I knew his reputation, did Cao Cao know he betrayed Dong Zhuo? In the first place, why in the heck did he recruit him anyway, power is nothing, you gotta know the dude first!
A beautiful face can win popularity, but a beautiful hand can win respect.

~Which one do you prefer?~

"I've killed a helluva lotta people to get to this one. And now, I'm gonna Kill Bill"
Rurouni Kenshin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:16 am

I would have killed Lu Bu since he cannot be trusted. He killed Dong Zhuo, who treated him like a son, attack Liu Bei who gave him refuge against Cao Cao. So I would have get him executed like Cao Cao did.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:30 am

Jai Xu wrote:I would have killed Lu Bu since he cannot be trusted. He killed Dong Zhuo, who treated him like a son, attack Liu Bei who gave him refuge against Cao Cao. So I would have get him executed like Cao Cao did.

I would argue that Dong Zhou treated him like a son. He did throw lances at Lu Bu on an occasion.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhilong » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:04 am

Personally i would be tempted to keep him if he was as legendary as he was. If i had many able generals then i guess the loss of a great general is a pity but not fatal. If i am lacking in generals it would be temtpting but i fear i would no last long if i had to rely on him for long.

However, if i am Cao Cao and have his mindset he would not live long if he was spared. Cao Cao had a tendency to kill those he did think were loyal even if he initially made use of their services.

On a side-note... I truly regret killing Diao Chan on the Xiapi level on Dynasty Warriors 4. He went Beserk and killed almost all of my army except Cao Cao and all i could do was shoot arrows. After about 2 hours it seemed like i was about to kill him and i got careless... :cry:
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Yuan Seth » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:08 am

I would have killed Lu Bu, because a man with no sense of honor or respect for somebody is nobody to trust. :lol: Plus, he'd do anything to get ahead and would take a fool's advice.
袁 "Since the dawn of time every one will die,
Let the history books note my death with loyalty at heart." --Wen Tianxiang
Yuan Seth
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Outskirts of Beiping - Driving Gongsun Zan to suicide

Unread postby Devilrai » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:25 am

I would give Lu Bu a chance, because even if he is a loose cannon, but he is a very strong officer, and can prove useful for Wei, but if he does get out of hand, then I may execute him, cause Lu Bu may not be a match for the large Wei army, because what can one guy do...then again it is Lu Bu we are talking about...but anyway thats what I would do.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium