If Lu Bu had lived what would have happened?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

If Lu Bu had lived what would have happened?

Unread postby Master_Zhuge_Liang » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:48 pm

I think he would have created his own force and died anyway because a lot of people knew he was a traitor and would have eventually been overthrown by one of the kingdoms.

Mod edit, LT: Please only use one question mark in the future
It takes more than brute force to win a battle.
Master_Zhuge_Liang
Tyro

Unread postby waynethegame » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:54 pm

I think one of two things could happen...

A) Cao employs him as a general and either Lu Bu tries to kill Cao, more than likely getting found and killed in the process, or servs a position of medocrity for the rest of his life (since we know he isn't a good commander, although a good warrior)

B) Bu leaves Cao Cao and takes over his own piece of land, and more than likely gets beaten down by somebody else, and meets a similar fate.
++ Wayne ++

"Better to wrong the world than let it wrong me!"
- Cao Cao
waynethegame
Student

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:26 am

Lu Bu joins Cao Cao and becomes a talented and famed general.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby GuanYu » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:51 pm

If Lu Bu lived longer, then ... he would also die. ^^ at least he lived longer. He is a traitor, and nobody can trust him.(i think only Zhang Liao trust him)
GuanYu
Langzhong

Unread postby Lord_Guan_Yu » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:32 pm

If Lu Bu had lived, I think he would have tried to make up with Liu Bei and try to gain Zhang Fei's respect. Then he would join Liu Bei and as Liu Bei is a kind person, Lu Bu would dedicate his life to helping him.
I am Guan Yu. Brother of Liu Bei. I will prevail.
(from dynasty warriors 3)
Lord_Guan_Yu
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhao Yun of Changshan » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:39 pm

He would find Zhang Liao and try to convince him that the two of them should join forces and create there own kingdom. They would probably attract many soldiers and lone officers who have heard of the imfamous Lu Bu but eventually they would have the same fate as if he hadn't lived.
"None dare to engage the warrior at Dangyang....."
Zhao Yun of Changshan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Devilrai » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:48 pm

Lu Bu was a great warrior of the Three Kingdoms, but the only problem was that he was a big time traitor...ok on to the topic...if Lu Bu did lived longer, he would have started his own kingdom, but the lack of self-control, he would go no where, the others kingdoms will just wait for to wither away from the face of history, thats all I gotta say.
Devilrai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby GuanYu » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:53 pm

In my opinion Lu Bu was too stupid to take on his advisiors' stragty. Zhang Liao was the only one that trust him.
GuanYu
Langzhong

Unread postby Shadowlink » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:33 pm

GuanYu wrote:In my opinion Lu Bu was too stupid to take on his advisiors' stragty. Zhang Liao was the only one that trust him.
don't fogot Chen Gong he rather follow lu bu than cao cao.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:53 am

If Lu Bu had lived a few things may have happened. He would have immediately of joined Cao Cao, after that it can vary. He may be a loyal general because he realizes that Cao Cao had the power to kill a very great warrior and respect him for it. Lu Bu might also of ended up killing Cao Cao in the same manner as Dong Zhuo and take over as a high powered official for the emperor, or Lu Bu might have attempted to kill Cao Cao and either die trying or escaping to Liu Bei who in turn would most likely of killed him. Then there is the option of Lu Bu becoming the leader of another kingdom and making it Romance of Four Kingdoms.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium