The greatest battle in the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Which is the greatest battle or campaign ever fought in ROTK?

The Yellow Turban Menace
3%
The Alliance against Dong Zhuo
No votes
Cao Cao and Liu Bei versus Lu Bu at Xia Pi
No votes
The Battle of Guan Du
19%
The Battle at Chi Bi
49%
The Siege of Nanjun
No votes
The Invasion of Yi Zhou
2%
Ma Chao and Xi Liang Forces versus Cao Cao
5%
Sun Quan and Cao Cao's Stand-Off at Ru Xu
No votes
The Battle at Yi Ling
8%
Zhuge Liang's Nothern Campaigns
8%
Others (Please specify)
5%

Total votes : 59

Unread postby melee » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:01 pm

Lord_Zhuge000 wrote:Chi Bi easily the best from SGYY, amazing how it all comes together. I love the way Cao Cao keeps saying "HAHAHA! If I were Zhuge Liang I would have put an ambush here!" and then someone attacks him and he collapses in fear! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe,i love it too!cao cao said that three times and that all were zhuge made him had no disappointment!
:lol: i wonder why he didn't say that fourth times :?

yiling,chi bi were great but i think a greatest must has great duels,great strategies and two sides are comparative :roll:
melee
Student

Unread postby _Zhuge_Jin_ » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:50 pm

Well, if it halps at all, the yellow turban menace was not a battle, but a series of small skirmishes and it was the yellow scarf rebellion. Can anyone truly argue with Chi Bi, Xia Pi was but a small battle and yi ling would be great if it was the greatest massacre, but chi bi, the allience, it made for a dramatic naval battle with the major powers clashing.

The northern campaign was my second choice, jie ting, wu zhang, and ding jun shan in one package, but chi bi was the beginning of anti cao-ism (is that even a word...doubt it) for many years in the 3k era. (sun quan wanted shu ti ally with him after he slaughtered guan yu but shu wouldn't so for survival he went to wei for help)
_Zhuge_Jin_
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Zhuge000 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:55 pm

yiling,chi bi were great but i think a greatest must has great duels,great strategies and two sides are comparative

Yeh, but Chi Bi's "romance" added by Luo just made it great to read. Plus I'm a Shu-ist and hate Cao Cao!
Lord_Zhuge000
Sage

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium