The vs. Thread

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Unread postby Sam » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:36 pm

One of the greatest match ups, in my opinion: Cao Ren Vs Lu Meng.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Jon » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:38 pm

Wow, that's a rather tough one. I would say Lu Meng, though. WEhat's your opinion, Sam?
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:47 pm

Limitless Trust wrote:One of the greatest match ups, in my opinion: Cao Ren Vs Lu Meng.

My last two avatars. :lol: I'd say Lu Meng.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:59 pm

For a duel, it would be Cao Ren...the guy looks much burlier (in DW4 anyways) than Lu Meng (who looked like the janitor from our school actually... :lol:). Plus, Lu Meng would be more in the position of a tactician rather than a warrior IMO... :wink:
i sometimes put a carton of milk in the dryer so that there's an equal distribution of the force shaking it. Tastes like lint though...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jon » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:03 pm

Actually, Lu Meng was a renowned warrior during his time, and were they not both strategists at some point in their lives?
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:05 pm

Richter Hand of God wrote:For a duel, it would be Cao Ren...the guy looks much burlier (in DW4 anyways) than Lu Meng (who looked like the janitor from our school actually... :lol:). Plus, Lu Meng would be more in the position of a tactician rather than a warrior IMO... :wink:

Lu Meng had actually served as a bodyguard to Sun Quan, and was involved in dangerous missions like repelling Cao Cao's vanguard. He was certainly more than a tactician. In my opinion he was pretty equal in both warrior and tactician.

Jackie Chan wrote:Actually, Lu Meng was a renowned warrior during his time, and were they not both strategists at some point in their lives?

Well, I don't see how a general can be sent on important assignments(Besides someone in Zhao Yun or Dian Wei's position.) without using strategy. Lu Meng was probably the better strategist, but Cao Ren definately used strategy.
Last edited by TheGreatNads on Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pang Shiyuan » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:08 am

TheGreatNads wrote:Lu Meng had actually served as a bodyguard to Sun Quan, and was involved in dangerous missions like repelling Cao Cao's vanguard. He was certainly more than a tactician. In my opinion he was pretty equal in both warrior and tactician.

I agree. LGZ gave little credit to Lü Meng's war-like abilities, considering that he personally beheaded Chen Jiu during the battle at Jiang Dong with Huang Zu. Sun Quan himself saw it (Chen Jiu's death) as the turning point in the battle.
Pang Shiyuan
凤雏先生

Unread postby Mr. Counsellor » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:38 pm

I knew about those, I just look up to Cao Ren as more of a warrior anyways...no use arguing since I don't plan on being swayed...Good points though... :wink:
i sometimes put a carton of milk in the dryer so that there's an equal distribution of the force shaking it. Tastes like lint though...
Mr. Counsellor
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:47 pm

How about this one?

Xun Yu vs Zhuge Liang

This isn't a duel by the way. It's a versus based on their talents overall. I'd say Xun Yu.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jon » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:53 pm

I second that. Xun Yu isn't all that bad.
Jon
Ladies' Man

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium