Xu Shu or Guo Jia?

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Xu Shu or Guo Jia?

Xu Shu "Shan Fu"
35%
Guo Jia
65%

Total votes : 66

Unread postby Ma Chao of Xi Liang » Fri May 06, 2005 4:21 pm

I prefer Guo Jia,even though he died early.
Ma Chao of Xi Liang
Langzhong

Unread postby man4422 » Sat May 07, 2005 5:55 am

Same.

Xu Shu hides his talent. He refuse to plot any strategies to Cao Cao becaues he mind his words. Otherwise, his talent could be widespread. Moreover, one who is filial and mind his words deserve the merit point.

Guo Jia is a scholar but he contribute many great schemes to Cao Cao, thus also deserve one.

man4422
man4422
Master

Unread postby King Ma Chao » Sat May 07, 2005 10:41 pm

I vote for Xu Shu

Cao Cao Kidnap His Mother so he refuse to give any advise which is very impressive.I wouldn't give advise if they harm me :lol:
If you are a ROTK Fans please visit :
http://s11.invisionfree.com/Infected_Sh ... hp?act=idx and join there to discuss about the hisoty. Plz join
King Ma Chao
Tyro

Unread postby Ma Chao of Xi Liang » Sun May 08, 2005 5:45 am

I was just wondering.Xu Shu never gave counsel to Cao Cao but in the game,you see him un the battle of Chi Bi with Cao Cao's forces.
Ma Chao of Xi Liang
Langzhong

Unread postby Fei Yi » Sun May 08, 2005 2:34 pm

Ma Chao of Xi Liang wrote:I was just wondering.Xu Shu never gave counsel to Cao Cao but in the game,you see him un the battle of Chi Bi with Cao Cao's forces.
Not only in the game, but in the novel also Xu Shu appeared at the battle of Chi Bi. In the novel he knew about Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong and Zhou Yu's plot, but didn't mention it to Cao Cao. So he was around, but didn't do much...
All we need to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us... "Gandalf the grey"

Death smiles to us all...., all we can do is smile back... "Marcus Aurelius"

Freedom lies behind the boundries we've created ourselves...
Fei Yi
Sage

Unread postby Ma Chao of Xi Liang » Sun May 08, 2005 3:42 pm

Fei Yi wrote:
Ma Chao of Xi Liang wrote:I was just wondering.Xu Shu never gave counsel to Cao Cao but in the game,you see him un the battle of Chi Bi with Cao Cao's forces.
Not only in the game, but in the novel also Xu Shu appeared at the battle of Chi Bi. In the novel he knew about Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong and Zhou Yu's plot, but didn't mention it to Cao Cao. So he was around, but didn't do much...
I see.Thanks
Ma Chao of Xi Liang
Langzhong

Unread postby Shi Tong » Wed May 11, 2005 9:32 am

It's difficult to compare these two, since Xu Shu wasn't given enough time to really show off talent, whereas Guo Jia was always in attendance with Cao Cao. Guo is really good with advice but it seems that Xu Shu was more of the tactician in battle, so I think they're quite different. I did think that Xu Shu was really great though, very honourable, and got Liu Bei Zhuge Liang in the end (that's the best part!) :wink:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Wed May 11, 2005 8:54 pm

Yea if i remember right he freaks Pang Tong out because he comes up behind him and says i know what your planning or something it was kinda cool like in a movie :lol:
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Prime Minister Kongming » Thu May 12, 2005 12:35 am

Guo Jia would obviously win and plus when Cao Cao said if only he had Guo Jia he would win i think its true.. Guo Jia would win easily against Xu Shu... wait.... if you read teh Abridged adition is Shan Fu Xu Shu... well if he is he would be just as stratigicly powerful as Guo Jia so id say a tie
Kurosaki Ichigo
"Bankai, Tenza Zangetsu!"

Uzumaki Naruto
"This is my way of the Ninja"
Prime Minister Kongming
Assistant

Unread postby Shi Tong » Thu May 12, 2005 7:51 am

Shan Fu is Xi Shu, He's very talented, but I think he doesn't get much of a chance before being pulled in by Cao Cao's tricks. That's why it's difficult to compare.
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium