The Cambridge History of China Vol.2

Join the Romance of the Three Kingdoms discussion with our resident Scholars. Topics relating to the novel and history are both welcome. Don't forget to check the Forum Rules before posting.
Kongming’s Archives: Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Three Kingdoms Officer Biographies
Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia
Scholars of Shen Zhou Search Tool

Re: The Cambridge History of China Vol.2

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:29 pm

At least you guys had several hours to fall asleep. It was 10 PM in the UK when I found it. I did not sleep well, I just couldn't stop thinking about it!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:
DaoLunOfShiji wrote:After Sun Fin told me about this last night I still can't come down from this high. I'm looking forward to this damn book.

I know what you mean!

In the same day I learned about the Eight Princes DLC, with narration by Jia Nanfeng, and this book.

I had to defib myself a few times.

Hahahaha, I had a very similar reaction to that trailer. It still blows my mind that we are living in this timeline.

I'm definitely curious about Jin, since I've never read that author, but I'm also a bit curious about what Farmer is going to bring to Shu-Han. There's a lot of lesser courtiers in Shu that I know very little about, and I know that Farmer has expressed interest in the Huayang Guozhi before. I wonder if we're going to get some anecdotes in English from that text which previously have not been translated.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PeanutButterToast » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:12 am

Now that I know that these books exist, I think I hear my wallet screaming in agony.
PeanutButterToast
Initiate

Unread postby vvill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:32 am

Merry Xmas to me! Hoping there is lots of original material.

Never heard of Damien Chaussende, though a quick Google seems to indicate he publishes in French?
I bought Imperial Warlord and the tome. Hardcovers are awesome.
vvill
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium